Wednesday, September 8, 2010

PIM and KW

Wednesday nights are when I coach PIM.  The group I coach is indeed a bit faster than the last time I coached, but I still had a hard time running with them because its considerably slower than what I would normally run.  We did what is called an "indian line run" where everyone runs single file, and the last person in the line sprints to the front and when they settle in to a pace, then the next last person sprints to the front, repeat, repeat, repeat etc.  We did this for 3 miles.  They did get faster with each mile so that was good and each mile was under 11 min pace so at least there was that.  I pushed the pace the last 1/2 mile and we came in at 10:21 but not everyone was running that; there was myself and a couple of others and by a couple of others I mean 3.  The goal is to get this group to a sub 30 min 5K and the goal race is October 30th.  It was very hot and humid out so they did good.  I know we're going to lose a couple because even at 10:45 to 11:00 min pace they were struggling.

After that I had to add to that mileage and I had a progressive run on the schedule.  I did 4 miles progressive.  Wasnt as fast as I would have liked but it was Memorial Park, and I am just slower when i run there and mentally I struggle there as well.  In addition to that I had taken another tumble yesterday slipping on the path here at home while it was pouring down rain outside and hit my right bum pretty hard and I could feel it in my run/stride.  I should be fine by the time the Saturday *long* run gets here.  Thankfully its a cut back week and only 13 miles on the schedule for Saturday...10 days to the taper!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

the indian run used to be my favorite drill in high school! :D

NY Wolve said...

Good luck! and it is amazing that a 13 miler can seem short. Texas is still summer too, and you don't get our fall now...but soon enough.