Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Night One of PIM is in the Books

Whew.  Been a long time since I have run this late into the evening and just because the sun isnt shining doesn't mean it isnt H.O.T.

I parked over near Blossom and ran to Memorial and then down to the PIM meet up area.  Did all the yadda yadda yadda there and finally it was time to start time trials.  As I mentioned previously I am coaching a faster group, Enduros, where basically the runners can run 3 miles without stopping and are looking to improve on their 5K time.  They arent 'fast' but more like under 30 min 5K; if I had to guess around 27-29 minutes.  Better for me as I didnt enjoy coaching the run/walking group I had in the Spring. 

I ended up running in the 2 mile time trial with them to just stay and help if needed, which a couple of them did because they went out too fast and then on the mile back they were struggling, so my chit chat kicked in to keep them going.  I welcomed this because it gave me the opportunity to knock out 2 of my miles whereas I thought I was going to have to wait till after PIM.

After they were all in, I needed to do more miles, so Steve Moore joined me for 2 of the miles and even though he didnt realize it, he was pacing me, so I actually got in 2 miles of the 4 miles of speed work I had on the schedule.  I was having to work pretty hard to keep up with him, and on that surface I knew my legs were gonna be hating me after...and they are :)

6 miles for the day though...so I dont have to make up for it tomorrow which I am indeed happy about!

No comments: