Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yesterday my participant guide along with my bib number (#44556) for the Chicago Marathon came in the mail!
We're 19 days away from race day...and the butterflies come and go.  Its been 2 years since I ran an out of town big city race (NYC2008)...of course I ran Houston just 9 months ago, but running in your own city, while it is exciting, its not like going somewhere far away ;o)

Last year, at the start of the Chicago Marathon it was a blistering 29 degrees...while I do want cold weather, I dont want 29 degrees of cold ;o)... 40 would be good :)

Anyway, here is last years Chicago Marathon in 3 minutes...I have watched Spirit of the Marathon a billion times and this video almost as many...I think I know the course as well as I can at this point without actually ever being there...I cannot wait to make that last left turn and head 800m or so to the Finish!!!!



3 comments:

Dana said...

I am so excited for you I can't stand it!! I wish I could be there to cheer you on!! You're going to have an amazing time!!! :D

Betsy said...

Just found your blog via Runners World. I am running Chicago, too! Looking forward to it!!!

Jim said...

I had the same charge when I got my Bib #. Just stay healthy from this point on. Spirit of the Marathon is always on my play list this time of year