Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Ride My Bi.Cyc.Le....

Remember that song?  Probably not.  :)

Anyway, woke up this morning and wow how wonderful the weather was!  Even though my legs were feelin' fine and dandy, I wanted to get on the bike!  Its been so long; before the back strain, which kept me from riding all summer basically...but then it was hotter than hot so not sure I would have anyway :)

I got in 20+ miles, riding the River Oaks (running route); mostly so I could run into BCRR's regular Sunday runners ... I stopped off at the park for hydration and breakfast with them and the Tornadoes ... yummy cold watermelon!!!  Hung out and chatted with everyone...so many people out this morning!  Then I took off again, rode down Blossom and then into Downtown then home again.  A very nice ride indeed!  Felt good to get the gear and the bike out on the road again!

I am super happy that I am...somehow...now a runner who can do 21 miles one day and get up and bike 20+ the next day without batting an eye...I am telling you its just weird.

When and how did I, this once a person that took 2 days to recover from a long run become...what I am now?

A wonderful day afterwards... all spent outside and now finally inside, with a couple of movies and about to make a yummy dinner for a friend of mine.  Early morning run tomorrow followed by time on the lake, river or the bay...we havent decided yet due to the threat of possible afternoon rain..maybe stay closer inland to postpone getting wet a bit. 

Be safe and remember:   Drink.  Drive.  Go to jail.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh Junie B, you so know just the right words to soothe my soul. I just got an offer for a nice trail run tomorrow but I opted out saying I was sure my legs would want a rest day after today's 10 and was feeling like a complete slacker when I read this wonderful post. What hope it gives me for the future. THANK YOU so much for including where you were in addition to where you are! Hope you have a great holiday tomorrow!

:D

Anonymous said...

Go yOu! Who are these people we've become? I like em!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

TX Runner Mom said...

Way to go on the post-21-miler bike ride! You are rockin'it girl!