Thursday, May 6, 2010

Days run in May: 6

Days left to run in May: 25
Days left to a 5 day weekend (AND the SATC movie premiere!) 21

87deg
47%humidity
62deg dewpoint
feels like 89

Waiting until 6pm indeed made a difference...I think...maybe it was just a better day for other reasons, I dont know...but...

I had intended on having a gym day today, where I would get in an hour of running on the treadmill (along with some lifting), but with me not getting out of bed in time, and not wanting to be late for work so I just said screw it...I will run outside, but will make it a tad bit later than 4:30 in the afternoon!!!  Not that running at 6pm is much different than running at 4:30, but at least there, because of my usual route, is a bit more shade at times than usual.

I didn't feel like running the route to Rice and then adding on at the end as I did one day last week (allowing for a water stop in there)...so instead I decided to run 2.5 mile loop there close to home, get some water, then do it one more time...

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!  This run felt grrrreat!  Nice easy stride ... didnt wear my watch, just focused on one foot in front of the other.  Even though I didnt have my watch I know that I was going at a pretty good clip, and figured I would just keep it that way, and slow down if I felt severe fatigue coming on...which it didnt.  Dont get me wrong, my legs are indeed tired, but today they felt much better than yesterday...

Plan is to run the loop to get 2.5 miles in on my formerly known as 'rest' day in the morning before work.  I have to go in late, waiting for cable guy who is supposed to be here between 8-11, so a loop around 6:30/6:45 will work out just fine, giving me almost a full 24 hours before long run Saturday...

***********************************************

Does anyone use hulu.com?  Man its awesome!  When I got home yesterday afternoon, the cable is all jacked (meaning some of the channels arent coming in) therefore some of my favs didnt DVR...boooo!...But today on lunch, I went to hulu.com and watched a couple of shows that I had missed due to cable company...however the cable is again working...but the peeps told me to still keep the appointment since this very thing has happened more than once now...

I guess if I have to go without something, being without cable is way more OK than being without air conditioning.

Its the little things right???

No comments: