Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday

After coming home from mom's, which was about 12:30 pm on Sunday, and with the temp already at 90's+, there was no way I was going to run at that point.  Besides I was exhausted to some degree...taking care of mom is no easy task...its like I had a weights workout (that rest I thought I would get?  No)...And because I thought I had plans for the evening, I had it in my mind there would be no evening run either...

So I hit the pool.  Since I havent been able to swim for a week due to a lower back (left side) pull/strain as it would just be excruciating pain whenever I would try.  For some reason, running didnt seem to bother it...Felt good to get some laps in along with working on my tan ;o)

My plans for the evening changed, but not until late, and by that point I was a bit perturbed (about a number of things), and I just said THWI and settled in for a movie on DVD that I have had for quite some time (Crazy Heart)...

Tonight I am trying a little something different, a boot camp workout.  A friend of mine invited me and it sounds like fun and another way to meet some new friends maybe...Its at Hermann Park, so after the workout (which includes hill running), I plan to do a loop of Hermann/Rice (5 miles)...

Busy week this week; I suspect by the weekend I will be one tired puppy :o)

Also, I am back on the wagon (with eating); kinda had a few lapses here and there and I sure felt it...Been 4 days of good stuff and minimal calories, and this morning I felt like a gazillionbajillion bucks...I know people dont like the word 'skinny', but I for one LOVE the word...when I wake up and actually feel skinny...yeah its a great feeling...

No comments: