Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Workout - Wow.

Tried something a bit different today as previously blogged.  A friend of mine is now doing a boot camp every day, Mon-Fri FOR FREE just a couple of miles from my house.  Score!  I went today just to check it out and to lend moral support (and ended up co-coaching)...

We started out with strides, then proceed to do hill repeats.  After you ran up the hill, and then walk down, you had your mat or towel already laid out...then you proceed to do a series of core exercises.  Back up to your feet, run up the hill...and repeat.  You get the idea :)  Was really good especially since I havent been doing any hill work since the Spring training season ended back in May.

Once we were done with that, I had 5 miles to run, so Crystal joined me for 2.5 of it and then I was on my own.

So ended up being almost 2 hours of working out in the hot/humid Texas weather...whew.  Surprisingly I only used one G2, never even put on the CamelBak as it was overcast (at first) and plenty of shade...I think I am going to do the boot-y camp on Mondays and Thursdays along with my mileage.  Good stuff!!

4 comments:

Gaslight ;-) said...

I wish I'd known in advance - I feel the need to get a lil beefed up.

MJ said...

I would love to find a good outdoor bootcamp near me...I just don't live in a 'healthy' town lol.

Junie B said...

@Anna: its a pretty easy boot camp (for now; easing her newbies into working out), so you might be kinda bored...i wasnt though because i was helping out and it was invigorating to watch new people get excited about working out! however this morning, i DEFINITELY feel it!

@MJ: START YOUR OWN!! its easy and if you need any ideas, i can certainly help you! Houston is one big fat city for the most part, and there are so many diff boot camps its crazy...however they all cost an arm and a leg to do. this one is free and my friend is doing it just out of her love for helping others get fit!

Lauren said...

wowwweee that sounds intense!