Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Lovin' Runnin' ... Had Me a Blast... Tips for Running in the Heat and Humidity!

Sooooooo many blogs I read...not to mention the countless runners I know here in Houston (home of heat+humidity), just have gone off the deep end with the blog posts, the Facebook posts and the constant whining (totally kidding...kinda) about how darn hot it is and its effect on running...If you play your cards right and accept that you're gonna be slower (possibly), and more sweaty (for certain), and a bit more tired/sore afterwards (I know I am)...as Coach says:  Suck it up!  and/or Shut up and train!!!  ;o)

I feel lucky that I trained well through the late 'winter' and into Spring with higher than needed mileage, never really taking a 'break', that it has served me well and that I became acclimated without even knowing it.  Yes, I still hate it and I still know when its dangerous...knowing the facts puts you ahead of the game...

I found a fellow blogger that spells it all out quite nicely (I know there are some newer runners that read my blog so this can help you!), so instead of me coming up with my own personal experiences, lessons learned and general information we should all abide by, I am going to direct you over to RunnerDudes Blog for the low low on the smart moves you should be makin' on the pavement dance floor we runners all looooooooooove to heat...I mean hate...I mean loooooooooooooooooove....

No comments: