Monday, June 7, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award (re-post from 5/27)

I received a Versatile Blogger award from MJ over at Girl Running today (5/27)!!!
I have to come up with 7 random things about me
and then tag 10 other bloggers to receive the award as well...MJ also apparently thinks I am Superwoman but doesnt know that I know that she thinks that ;o)


  1. I ran my first full marathon in January 2007.  Before I left the house to go Downtown for the start of the race, I smoked a cigarette.  Yep.  Thats right.  I kid you not. 
  2. A lot of people think I am this strong, hard core, secure, stand my ground kind of person.  In reality, I am a big mushy mush and my feelings get hurt badly very easily.  I am extremely sensitive, and I don't think a lot of people realize that.  For the most part I am extremely good at faking it.  And then I crumble when no one is watching.
  3. I lived in Las Vegas for 7 years.  I absolutely loved it but of course that was in the latter half of my 20's/early 30's.  Had I not come back home to Texas when I did, I am quite sure I might not still be alive.  When I arrived back in Texas I was a size 00.  You figure it out.  And yes I meant to type TWO zeros not just one.
  4. The summer before Senior year of high school, I packed what I could into two suitcases, shoved them out my bedroom window, said goodbye to my mother as I left for work, and didnt come home until 3 months later.  Yes I ran away.  Why?  Because I was 17 and didnt understand why they (parental units) wouldnt let me 'date' a 24 year old.  A week of being gone, I called my sister and she told me that they had an APB out on my car.  I only came home because they were going to not allow me to go to school where I went my whole life.  I had to go to school and graduate with my friends.  And because my father begged me once a week to do so. Oh and the guy?  That didnt work out.  :o) 
  5. I am Cherokee and French.  I don't know why I think thats cool, but I have always been proud that my great-great grandfather was a full blooded Cherokee Indian.  I speak neither Indian or French, although I do know a bit of conversational French.  My mom and dad are/were fluent in French, and my grandmother on my fathers side rarely spoke English.  It was an effort when the grandkids were around.
  6.  My food weakness' are:  chips (of any kind), and ice cream.  Its rare that I buy either in anything other than a single/two serving size.  If I do, I do so knowing full well and OK with the fact that its not going to last more than a couple of days in my house.  Ice cream is easier for me to control.  Chips however, I must make sure my 'filter' is working 98% of the time. 
  7. Fears:  I really only have one REAL fear that would constitute as a phobia I guess, and that is deep water.   This is why I will never do another open water swim triathlon I think; I thought I could do it and actually be OK.  I paniced so badly last year, and while I did finish the swim part and finished well overall, I do not think I can ever do that again.  Even if I was a better swimmer, still no.  I just cant handle the unknown down there, and I think the process of drowning would be the worst death ever.  Or being mauled by some creature that lurks beneath the surface.
As far as tagging anyone, sheesh who hasnt received this already???  If you haven't deem yourself tagged if you are so inclined.  :o)  I think you are ALL versatile and fantastic bloggers, even if I am STILL trying to play catch up after being out/gone for the holiday.

No comments: