Thursday, April 26, 2012

Killing The Fat Man - Episode 4

Making progress with my own battle!  Seems that resting yesterday, lots of icing, and lots of fish oil may have helped.  Gonna hit the gym today for some cardio and some weights. 

Chiro appointment tomorrow morning!

I'd like to say I am optimistic about running on Saturday, but I just can't be too sure of that.  If I do, it won't be for any significant distance, but at least it will be running!

Now the next installment for CrossFit's Killing the Fat Man series!!



If you watch him in the beginning when he is attempting double unders, he does the same thing I did (and what most people do when learning) and that is the HEAVY landing over and over and over because at that point you aren't able to string several together and be smooth about it.  For whatever reason a person feels like without that heavy landing you just aren't going to be able to do it when it actually hinders the process because at that point, you're sunk and you have to start over.


This is what did my back in; all the jarring I did that day with a total of 15 minutes of attempting double unders.  Was suicide for my back.

No comments: