Friday, April 27, 2012

Glory Glory Glorious!

Today was my appointment to meet the doctors over at Batterton Chiropractic Clinic.

I woke up this morning SO excited!  

Last night I did indeed go to the gym, did only 30 min on the elliptical, 2000m row, then about an hour on the weights (both free and not-free).  :O)

When I got home, I iced off and on all night, but as the night wore on I started to have this 'pain' in my ass.  Like in my left ass (same side as DC).  It felt like a really really pulled muscle; or a bad sciatic strain.

By the time I went to bed I had sat cross legged on the floor long enough and did enough child pose's to help stretch it out enough to where I slept just fine.

This morning I immediately stretched, but the pain in my back had literally become the pain in my ass.

:O)

I came in to work for a couple of hours then headed over to my appointment, filled out the new patient forms and waited.

The patient patient.

First off the head doc, and owner, female came in to consult, which we went over everything in my history, to my activity level, what my current status was and on and on and on.

Thankfully she is a runner, both doctors there are (both female btw), and one even does CrossFit.  A lot of athletes go there, runners, cyclists, and triathletes, so I felt like I was in good hands.  I did not know any of this prior to making the appointment, but I am not surprised given its location.

After all of that, I went for Xrays and some spine rolly thingee pictures (which we will go over on Monday), then I went on to some mobility exercises to determine any issues and range of motion from my next down to my feet.

Then came the best part!!!

eStim and ice first!

I didn't have the little thingees on shoulder just on my lower and mid-back.
Then they put this huge ice pack that pretty much covered all of me on top of me and started the machine.
It was awesome!  Like little elves tap dancing all over me.


After 10 minutes of eStim and ice, the massage therapist came back in, un-did everything, and then lotioned me all up and began what was initially very painful on the left side.  She could feel 2 very big knots which were just muscles all bundled up from the inflammation and what-not.  I thought I was going to come up off that table at first.  She would go as much as she could, or rather however much pain I could take, which I sucked it up because I wanted her to really get in there.  She would move to the other side ever so often to give me a break before starting back in.

She said by the time she was done, one of the knots was basically gone and good Lord I could FEEL the difference immediately, just lying there!

And when I went to get up off the table and walk?  Oh goodness....soooooooooooooooo much better!

I seriously could not believe the difference!

I have to keep icing as much as possible, even giving me something I can use at work, take it like I have been the next couple of days to let the inflammation continue to work itself out, then on Monday we are going to go over all my xrays and what-not, then they will do an official 'adjustment'.

Thank goodness for insurance!  Prescribed massages for a co-pay?  My insurance only approved me for 20 visits in a year, but hopefully going once a month after getting 'fixed' will be just fine to 'keep me in line'!


I should be back to running and CrossFit on Monday!!!!


Whoop! Whoop!

No comments: