Tuesday, April 3, 2012

KetchUp

I had to remove the Daily Mile counter because the stupid thing reset on me and wasn't adding my mileage, so buh-bye Daily Mile!  :)

Monday:

Run/Walk - one hour:  treadmill
CrossFit - one hour:  Warm up - 1000m row 
WOD (with partner):
  • 40 medicine ball overhead ball slam burpees
  • 10 pull ups
  • 30 medicine ball overhead ball slam burpees
  • 20 pull ups
  • 20 medicine ball overhead ball slam burpees
  • 30 pull ups
  • 10 medicine ball overhead ball slam burpees
  • 40 pull ups
Time:  16:10

Core: 30 ab roll outs

I really don't like Mondays sometimes because at CF its more often than not a workout where you use your body weight as your 'weight'.  And then to top it off today we had to use it not only on the push up after the overhead but then to move directly to pull ups.  Band or no band, its freaking hard to do this workout and not think your arms are going to disconnect.  I need to weigh about 30lbs less on Mondays.  That might help.  :O)

Tuesday:

Woke up this morning in pain from yesterday.  My biceps are freaking sore as hell.  At least my shoulders aren't and since todays workout is going to tax my shoulders at least I have that going for me.

CrossFit - one hour:  Warm up - 10 min Jump Rope skills
WOD (4 rounds for time):
  • 7 Clean and Jerks (185lb/135lb)  (actual: 55lb; up from 45lb)
  • 21 Russian Twists (35/25lb plate) Must touch each L and R = 1 rep
  • Suicide Sprints (forward, left shuffle, right shuffle, back pedal).  They had 5 cones today instead of 3 and by the 3rd round my legs felt like lead.
Time:  14:59!  I was thinking it was going to take me at least 17+ minutes!

Skill:
  • Bench press - maximum weight - 1 rep
    • Basically you see how much weight you can rack and lift for one rep and one rep only.  I thought that I would shoot for 75lbs the first time up just to see if I could bench it.  But we started with 50 and worked up to 70lbs.  By the time I got to 75, I just couldn't push it up another rep.  Next time I will start with the 70lbs and go from there.
Working on a couple of posts so never fear, more is coming...I've just been really busy day and night.

No comments: