Monday, January 10, 2011

Maniac Monday!

Before we get to our normally scheduled Maniac Monday post, for those who are interested, here is my eats for Mon-Wed.

Breakfast - protein smoothie:  1 scoop chocolate protein powder; 1 frozen bananer, 6 cherries (yes I found cherries this time of year!!!), 2 strawberries, 1/2 c skim milk, 1 c cold water.  You can alter the liquid as you want (no more than 1c milk though!),  I like more volume, so I put in a full cup of cold water.  You can make this with any berries you want as well.

Mid Morning Snack - 1 cup of mixed fruit (low glycemic fruit!)

Lunch - HUMONGOUS spinach salad drizzled with a teensie bit of EVOO and all the balsamic vinegar you want :O)  I added some green peppers, carrots, tomato and a smidge of garbanzo beans (no kidney beans on the salad bar today :(

Afternoon Snack - 25 pistachio nuts

Dinner - baked salmon (large piece) and 2 cups of steamed broccoli  (I'm doing scallops on Wednesday)

All the green tea and water you can handle.  UNSWEETENED green tea.  I make mine iced, not hot.

*****************************************************

Workout

1 hour treadmill run
Only about 10 min of weights (hardly can count that but I started the run late and I had to boogaloo to the studio; should have just run for another 10 min but I was already bored senseless)
Hot yoga session (was SO SO SO crowded!  I really dont like the 6:15 class but on Mondays, its either that or nothing)

No comments: