Monday, January 24, 2011

February Challenge!

All important to remember when setting a goal!!!
Well if I have to be completely honest, I didn't meet my no Diet Coke in January goal.  I caved in a couple days ago, and had another one since.  Not bad, considering I use to have one every single day (32oz or more cup)..so I guess its still sorta a success..  But no $50 Visa gift card for January.  Boohoo! 
A deal is a deal.  I will still try and refrain for the remainder 7 days of the month.  I think the biggest WIN! was that I didnt cave on the day I did the USAFit race.  I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted one on that day and do after most races...so I plan to attempt the last 7 days without one to round out the month.

So now we are coming up on a new month therefore a new challenge.  Originally I thought that February was going to be when I would do my 30 day hot yoga challenge, but I am going to put that off until June.  Varying reasons why, none of which need to really be discussed here :O)

I want to make the February challenge a bit fun and because I tend to fall into habits when it comes to not only meal planning, but preparation of said meal sometimes plays a big role in what I choose.  So in February the challenge is:
Prepare one recipe a week that I have never made/eaten before! (and blog about it with photos, giving credit where credit is due of course to the original poster!)
I see soooooooo many wonderful recipes on the foodie blogs I read and never get around to actually trying any of them.
Specific?  Yes!
Measureable?  Yes!
Attainable?  Yes!
Relevant?  Um.  Sure!
Time Bound?  Yes!

I did recently make YUMMY edamame hummus and I have the pictures etc., just haven't gotten around to that blog post...why is it my food blog posts always seem to take a back seat?!

OK, I will be looking for my first grand new food/meal challenge for next week!!!

1 comment:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

I use the S.M.A.R.T. system all the time with clients! It makes these things so much easier to follow.
Ambiguity is the enemy!!