Monday, November 1, 2010

Baby Got Back (Issues...again)

I have reinjured my left lower back again...I dont know how really, but its been slowly hurting more and more and this morning it was full on pain (I hope the hot yoga is not the culprit but I may take off from that this week; we'll see how I feel tomorrow as I have a class tomorrow night).  Thankfully, if you remember, this does not affect my running, so I was out the door in the once again HOT and HUMID weather that has blasted upon us yet again...Seriously?  Its November 1 and its 72deg and 90+humidity?  Gah!  Oh well, cold front is coming and looks to be stellar weather for at least the next 7 days with much cooler temps and even some rain!  We havent had rain since September 19th they said on the news this morning.  

When I first started this morning I ran about 100m and almost turned around.  Everything was just not feeling right.  But I figured that I would run to the one corner where I have the option of making it 2 miles if I was still feeling crappy or keep going and it would be my normal 4.5-5 miles.

I kept going.  :O)

Yesterday I was going to do just a quick 3 miler but opted to sleep in instead and I had to get ready to work at the Locker and we were dressing up so that was going to take more time since I didnt know about this until Saturday and needed to try on a few things to see what I liked better.  I used the wig, fishnets and glasses I had used for the Lady Gaga concert and then made myself into Marathon Gaga.  :O)  Everyone loved it and I was told I was by far the best outfitted :O)  A reason to wear a bunch of medals?  Sure thing!  I used my short black Nike running skirt and a see through body suit that had fringe all down the arms and across the bust line.  Very Gaga-esque.  Ish.  It was fun working at the store with everyone dressed up and we had the RnR peeps there for sign ups for regional RnR half and full marathons which gave $10 off, a CUTE tshirt (for the girls) and a PF Changs gift card.  We also had the Brooks double decker mobile bus there for gait analysis...twas a lot of fun.

Saturday:  I had wanted to do 15miles.  Not quite at 3 weeks since Chicago marathon and with my longest being 10miles (last weekend) and that was sliced up around the half marathon relay, coach had told me to see how I felt after 10.  I started early with the KreW and pretty much ran way too fast so early on (easy to do with the nice 50+deg weather) and this got me late in the run.  I had done 4+ miles before starting with the group, and even on the group start I found myself running too fast.  When I got to 4 miles and saw Kelly going back the other way, I turned also.  I slowed down quite a bit, made it back to base, got some fluid and started the Snover/Jackson Hill loops.  Ended up with just shy of 14 miles.  Good enough.  Having to work at Lukes later probably didnt help much with my tired factor come Sunday morning, but I am happy with the long run. 

This coming Saturday trying for 16...I am, about every other day, considering dropping to the half for Houston.  Won't make that decision until November 20 when my next 20 miler is scheduled for, to see how that goes.

I've been in various stages of marathon training since August 2009.  I am just really tired.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO! Sorry to hear about your back :-(
HUGS

And I LOVED your Halloween costume

Sarah Tilford said...

no Marathon-Gaga pictures?!??!? :(

Junie B said...

@sarah: i downloaded them last night, put on facebook. just havent gotten to putting them here. on home computer; no way to add on blog post this morning since i did it once i got to work.

Karen Seal said...

Ugh so sorry about your back! I bet you are exhausted! I hope your back feels better soon! :0)

Sam said...

Sucks that your back is flaring up again. Don't forget those stretches/exercises your doc (the good one) suggested that also seemed to help.