Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Product Review - Sweaty Bands!!!!

Random pic of packaging for Sweaty Bands stolen from skinnyrunner :O)


You can (kinda) see the sparkly purple one I got in Chicago here in this pic;
you can see the silver sparkly one in my Houston Half pics as well

I have tried just about every single kind of 'band' known to woman.
I have the Adidas ones, the Nike ones, the wide Nike ones, Bondi Bands, every day common drug store ones...you name it and I either tried it and sorta like it, or tried it and was handed a big FAIL!

I had heard of Sweaty Bands somewhere on the radar (probably on some blog), but never really gave it much thought to be honest.  Of all the ones I had tried the Nike wider bands and the Bondi Bands (which are wide as well) were the only things that really helped keep the hair and sweat in check while running.  All the others just were hanging like discarded rubbish on a clip in the bathroom.  Such pretty colors too.. what a waste.

Anyway fast forward to Chicago Marathon expo...we are walking around and lo and behold there was a huge booth with sooooooooooo many beeeeeeeeeeeeuteefull headbands, I was mesmerized...ESPECIALLY because there were SPARKLY ones!!!!  and they were skinny ones too!!!  As we were ooh-ing and ahh-ing, I was sad because I knew they were just that.  Pretty.  And sparkly.  They would be just like all the others and either pop off my head within minutes or at the very least, make the slow gradual descent to the back of my head before falling off the back of it.

After hearing many around me saying how FANTASTIC they were, and there was nothing like them, I had to give one a try on at the very least right?  I picked up the sparkly purple one and a wider one that was like purple bandana.  Hey, I like purple.  :O)
OMG.

It was tight.  It was flat against my head and no matter how much (or how hard) I shook my head up and down, side to side and jumping up and down, IT.DID.NOT.MOVE.
OMG.
must. have.
At $15 (for the skinny ones) and $18 (for the wider ones) they are not cheap :O( 
But I just couldnt pick ONE!  I splurged for 2, which really not knowing how they would hold up on a run, let alone a hot/sweaty marathon, I should have only bought the one.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I bought 2!! 

Everyone knows how hot and sweaty the Chicago marathon was by now, but let me tell you, that purple sparkly head band NEVER moved an inch.  It was fantastic I tell you!  I have now worn them in hot yoga (are you kidding me it still doesnt move!!??)..and on training runs and in the gym.

I have since bought 2 more online here ; thats the skinny metallic (sparkly) ones that I love, and NOW I just saw that where I work sometimes on the weekends (Lukes Locker) now carries them!!!  So I got 2 more sparkly ones (1 pink, 1 gold) this weekend (much better deal for me w no shipping and my discount too!!)

If you ever have had issues with headbands for either working out, running or just to be cute, these are your savior headbands I do believe!  I have since thrown out all those others that I had ('cept I did keep the Bondi Bands and the Nike wide ones, because a)they're expensive and b) they do work)...I just like the prettier ones..the Bondi Bands are good because they will also cover your ears if need be in cooler temps.

Sweaty Bands rock the hizzle fo shizzle yo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at these at a few stores here, and I'd heard they stayed put, but do they do anything for sweat, or just keeping the hair back?

Junie B said...

well in Texas its kinda hard to do anything about the sweat..nothing i have tried does that :O)

it will keep some of it at bay but in hot yoga its pointless .. its just running out of your face (forget your hair/head) into your eyes, your nose...seriously..

what i like about these is that unlike my Bondi and Nike bands, I can actually wear these with normal clothes not just for exercise.

Karen Seal said...

I LOVE my sweaty bands!!! They are awesome! So glad you got 2!! :0)

Junie B said...

i now have SIX! :)