Monday, November 22, 2010

Simplicity

20 min warm up at easy pace.

5/4/3/2/1 workout:  This means 5 min hard/5 min moderate, 4 min hard/4 min moderate...etc.  Sometimes the schedule calls for mod/easy but not today.  Therefore I did the 'hard' at 5K pace and the 'moderate' at 10K pace.  Once I got to the 2's and the 1's I just put the pedal to the metal and went as hard as I could without flying off the back of the treadmill.  I always do this workout on the treadmill since its much easier to stay at a consistent pace for the minutes.  I don't know what the exact mileage was but it was easily over 5 miles.

Then I hit the weights for 40 minutes doing 2 different exercises (8 reps each) in succession then 20 jacks before resting.  This makes it much easier to get more in, in a shorter time frame.

I sure didn't want to do this workout today but once I was in the thick of it, I felt much differently about it, welcoming the challenge since my legs were still 'sore' from being on my feet all day yesterday at the Locker.

1 comment:

Karen Seal said...

Wow that sounds pretty intense! Great job! :0)