Tuesday, November 23, 2010

3 mile run in the a.m. before worky work work..I gotta tell ya when that alarm went off at 4:50am I sure as heck didnt want to get up...

aaaaaaaaaaaaand then the best part of my Tuesday????

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT YOGA!!!!
90 min and 26 (x2) poses to take me to my happy place!
I was a little disappointed today as when I walked into the studio it wasnt hot.  I mean it was hot, like maybe 90 deg but nothing like it normally is and the fans werent going.  I was like SOMEONE TURN ON THE HEAT AND THE FANS!  Its not hot enough in here yet!  This was about 20 min before class time.  Someone finally went and got someone but it was too late.  About 1/2 way through the class, Gayle checked it and it was only at 102deg.  NOT.  HOT.  ENOUGH.  I almost stayed for a 2nd 90 min session that starts right after ours, but decided against it.  Eh.
Practicing yoga in the park...now I practice in a studio for the benefits of hot, but I enjoyed outdoors as well

I am also redo-ing my run/workout schedule for the week (I had altered it for the race) because I highly doubt I am going to do the TT5K on Thursday morning.  Its just not the right conditions for me to go through all that trouble of driving there, finding a spot to park and fighting all the walkers and families that come out for this one race every year.  Its a clusterf**k.  Not to mention the weather is gonna suck; rain and hot.  Remember I dont do any race just to be doing it.  I can run 6 miles from my front door in the same conditions with no stress.  :)


2 comments:

Lauren said...

wow 102 not hot enough? :) They keep the studios around 104 here...

Unknown said...

You would NOT have enjoyed the Turkey Trot. Only reason I did was my little one was there to do the kids run. So, he, Jan, and I were there. I like the race, liked seeing all my peeps. But did exactly what you never do and that's just run to get a workout in.