Friday, November 12, 2010

A New Segment! Favorites Friday! Best Dressed! VIP List!

I read A LOT of blogs...and I mean A LOT...and on those blogs I always seem to find several posts through out the week that really resonate with me for one reason or another and I think those bloggers should be 'rewarded'!!!

So I figure I am going to make note of those posts and post my weekly conglomerate of "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm"....

I don't have a lot this week since I just made it up :O)... but here are a few from this week that make 'the list' or get access beyond the 'velvet rope'.  Order of appearance in the list means nothing.  :O)

Each item is linked in its entireity so you don't have to figure out which word has the link to the post associated with it.
  1. Jamoosh on the snarkiness of the dumb-dumb that wrote that assinine article on NYCM and/or the participants. 
  2. SkinnyRunner for her overview of her experience in the NYCM last Sunday.  She pretty much summed it all up and as close to being my same experience (with a few minor details that were off from when I ran it in 2008 to her in 2010).
    1. She also just added a grrreat giveaway!!!!
  3. Charlotte, dear Charlotte...almost every post of hers is beyond the velvet rope worthy, so I just picked one from the week that I loved more than the others.  I was especially drawn to this one because of the 'thermometer' clothes reference.
  4. Holiday gifts from the heart and they won't break the bank!  Being the frugalista that I have become I was really excited to see this list because while I can be frugal, I am NOT creative.  This list is going to save me AND my Christmas money stash a lot of angst.
    1. Here's a tip for next year:  I have done this now for 2 years and its a life saver.  Every payday I go to the bank and withdraw $40-$50 and then I take that money and I come home and put it in a safe place.  My mom use to call this 'mad money'.  Money she would have stashed away to spend whenever she got mad at my dad.  :o).  To me its Christmas gift money.  It adds up and you can alter it to fit your budget and your pay day schedule.  I am lucky to get paid every other Friday, and sometimes two paychecks if I worked my part time job.  And yes I take an additional $20 out of THAT paycheck to stash away.  Thanks to Bobbie I am going to have a lot left over!!!  One has to be very stoic in not dipping into this money!  If you don't have it in the bank for whatever, then well, you wait.  The first year is the hardest, but once you see that wad of cash in December it becomes much easier the 2nd year!
  5. Adrienne.  Because we should all be thankful for non-injury running times, but gives a perspective on how to overcome the 'I can't run right now' blues.
  6. And of course THIS one since you can win Sweaty Bands!
And I have to add my most favorite (read: astonished and appalled) example of Photoshopping skills of the week!  If I were Kim Kardashian I would feel so horrible about myself if someone made me look that skinny in the ad to promote my line of swimwear... I would go into a serious episode of body angst and probably would go on 'restriction' like nobodys business....I mean REALLY? I wish Brightroom and Raceshots, etc. offered this service to my race pictures... 

    3 comments:

    Charlotte said...

    Made. My. Day. Thank you Junie B!! And now I need to go check out those frugal gift ideas stat!

    Junie B said...

    i have already started by basket lists for diff family members. hit up ebay and finding stuff for them cheap!

    Anonymous said...

    thanks for the shoutout, yo.