Thursday, November 18, 2010

Monday:  a.m. alarm went off at 4:45am and I decided I didnt want to run that morning.  hmmm...wonder why?  ;)
                 p.m. 6 miles with 6 x 2/2's (med/slow) in the middle

Tuesday:  hot yoga - 90 minutes.  I moved to the very front of the room directly in front of the mirror where i could focus on my practice (i find people in front/to the side of me too distracting and I fall out of poses) and under the fan.  OUCH!  I was sweating so much by the time that we were done with the balancing poses and we were into our first tree pose that I literally couldnt keep my foot anywhere on my other leg; it would just slide off, I then just went into 3rd position even though it was harder and I didnt feel like it :O), but at least my foot was resting in the crease of hip and thigh and my shorts helped me from slipping.  This was also the first time that on numerous poses I was seeing my sweat literally drip-dropping everywhere.  I'm telling you do NOT get under a fan at hot yoga until you are ready for the repercussion of that; it is completely the opposite effect of what one might think; the 110 deg just feels like 150deg.  I worked my way to it by doing a couple of classes CLOSE to the fan, like 1/2 and 1/2...that was bad enough until last night I finally went 'all the way'.

I was a different woman than when I went in, that's for sure.  In a good way.  :O)

Wednesday: 6 miles.  3 miles easy; 2 x 1mi at 5K pace (8:51/8:46) (3mr in between), 1 mile easy.  Very pleased with the workout.  I am just now back to doing speed workouts and it felt fantastic.

Thursday: 4 miles easy.  Taking the day off from hot yoga.  Saving everything for Saturday (17 miles).  Hopefully everything will work out the way it needs to or there will an adjustment made for January 30th.  

Friday:  SRD

No comments: