Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kenyan Way - Long Run

Was a cut back week.  10 miles on the schedule.

And FINALLY I get some of my speed back!!!  10:13 pace with little effort on my part.  I gotta say I was starting to get a bit frustrated.  I know its only been a month since Chicago but still...At least now I feel better going into Dallas/White Rock in 3 weeks for the half marathon there.

It helped also that it was cool (53ish) and even though it was raining and windy (at the start) I still thought it was perfect weather with the very cloudy skies. It stopped raining by mile 2 and it actually felt warm (even though I know that was just the humidity) and I left my shirt at the water stop and just ran the rest in my jog bra and shorts.  By the time I was finished the wind had kicked up again and I was thankful for my warm hoodie waiting for me in the car :)

I am still not going to fully commit to going through with the full at Houston until after next weeks 17 miler.  If I can nail the 17 miler with my usual training pace without having to work at it, then I will more than likely still go through with the full and not drop to the half.

No ankle or back pain today.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job on the 10. I had a good 10 myself yesterday.

Karen Seal said...

Great job!!! :0) Way to go on 10 miles! Hope the 17 miler works out for you!