Friday, November 19, 2010

Best Dressed!!!! (Weekly Favorite Posts)

Bobbi – Thanksgiving Challenge!
  • I am doing this!  One thing not on there is that you can allow for eating out for one meal (per week).  Any other eating outside of what you bought goes towards the $50.  I am glad that I am only having to make a portion of one thing for Thankgsiving; otherwise $50 for 13 days of eats would have been tough! 
Heather - FAVORITE ONE OF THE WEEK!!!
  • I would have to add two more:
    • They don't tell you NOT to practice UNDER the fan.  Seriously the room will go from 110deg to about 150deg. 
    • Bring TWO bottles of water.  One should be frozen solid.  The one that is not frozen?  It will be hot and by hot I mean like hot water coming out of the faucet when you have it turned to H by the end of class.  By the time you get to the 1st water 'break' its going to be mildly warm already.  The frozen one will already be about 1/2 unfrozen 30 min into the class :)
Caitlin
  • I did this...mmmmm...I guess it was last December, December 31st to be exact...only instead of balloons, I wrote what I needed to write on pieces of notebook paper.  Situations, name(s), etc...and then went out onto my porch and set fire to them.  Stood there and watched the bad things of the year (and then some) go up in flames and then I swept them up and put the ashs in the trash.  Did it again this past Sunday.  Works I tell you.  It WORKS.
Charlotte - Healthy Dinners in Minutes!?!?!?  It CAN be done!
  • Because I can't STAND it when people say they don't have 'time' to cook/be healthy etc... CANNOT STAND IT!
Class is Dismissed? Why is everyone so rude?
  • What happened to class?  What happened to the Golden Rule?  What happened to people actually caring about the repercussions of just being plain rude and mean?  It saddens me to no end I tell you.  And what 'maddens' me to no end is that honestly these people don't think they've done or are doing anything wrong?  Society looks up to those that get away with just treating people like crap (e.g. that Williams sister who plays tennis to name one).  Hey yeah...I had my stint as a 'mean girl' for a couple of years but I was .. and no not an excuse ... drunk and high most of that time and trying to be someone I wasnt...makes no damn sense but its true.  Part of it was the people I was hanging out with were (for most of their lives) 'mean girls'.
Save YOU Money!
  • Posting this one because a) SR answered my question personally...and shes like you know...awesome...but also because I admire her for being so 'frugal' when clearly she probably doesnt have to...plus she just gives great links to great stuff for cheap a lot of the time!  I was pretty darn good at saving $$, but now I am even better at it thanks to her ... I can sniff out coupons and deals like nobodys business with a little internet searchy search...AND shes married to a man who doesnt like to pay retail either?  and is more frugal than her?  Sign. Me. Up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am awesome, arent i? haha, thanks for the shoutout.