- I won't be doing Texas Independence Relay after all. Apparently I was only an alternate (didnt realize that), and then on the last registration day, there was only 1 spot and 3 girls, so there was that. I was only slightly bummed. Then last week they indeed needed someone else, but by this time I had the news of Moms worsening condition, and there is no way I can commit to a team knowing what I knew. Heck as it is now, and has been for over 6 months now, every time I plan something I know there is the chance that I might not be able to actually do it. Its just the way it is, and thats OK.
- I have officially signed up for Angie's Half Crazy Marathon though at the end of March. And then of course there are a few other (short distance) races scattered in April then Bay to Breakers in May!!!
- I won't be moving this year. I thought my car was going to be paid off in April, and it is...just not until 2012. How I was off by a year, I have no idea, but I was. Again, only slightly bummed. Will try and make a couple of extra payments if I can. If not, eh.
- Yesterday I started back on the de-clutter/purge that I have been doing off and on. If I have to stay where I am then I need to keep doing this until I am satisfied that the only things I have in my house are either things I really need or are sentimental to me. And heres case in point: I put a bunch of books out for whoever to take, and I've had those books piled forever. And right now I can only tell you the names of 2 of them: Purpose Driven Life and Eat, Love, Pray. I thought about keeping those 2, I really did, but then I thought: Someone else might be able to use these for the same reasons I needed them, but maybe can't afford them, or don't even know that they need them. Then I felt like in some small way I might have helped someone (they both helped me when I really needed it). This weekend I tackle clothes again since I will be storing away winter stuff and taking out Spring/Summer stuff. I know there is a lot of stuff thats going to be going. I already have one large trash bag ready on the porch to go to Goodwill.
- I have come up with March's goal: No computer or phone (apps) outside of work. I will check my (personal) email once at home in the evening and thats it. No Facebook, no Twitter, no WWF's, nothing. I just want to be technology free for at about 50% of my workdays, and even moreso on weekends; I will check email once, but again, no computer or phone (apps). I will use my phone for what it was intended: To talk to people if there is a need.
- Oh and yesterday was the first day that I took my own reusable (green!) shopping bags to the grocer! I loved doing that! No more plastic bags!!!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Miscellaneous Updates (Changes)
Posted by Junie B at 2:11 PM