Friday, May 4, 2012

Now Where Were We?

Why yes I am!!
So.  Damn.  Close.

Lets see...oh yeah...yesterday I went to the gym as planned and did the following:
  1. 20 min on the elliptical
  2. 20 min on the treadmill (walking)
  3. 20 min on the bike
  4. 5 min on the stairmill
  5. 2000m row

While all day I was still having intermittent pain from the sciatic, it wasn't horrible and when I got to the gym everything felt pretty darn good.  So good in fact that I ALMOST started to run on the treadmill, then came to my senses.  I didn't need to rush things no matter how I felt.

The big tale would be told when I woke up on Friday morning.
Which when I did wake up I was able to stretch everything out (pulling my knees in and what-not without pain).
Great!

I did more stretches after I got out of bed and it wasn't until mid-morning when I started to feel the sciatic again.  Since my neighbor wasn't in today I took the opportunity to use his hidden cubey to get down on the floor and do stretches throughout the day (Friday is jeans day so its not like I was in a dress!)  This really seemed to help and by the time I left I was feeling great.

Came home, did more stretching then hopped on the bike and rode the 1.5 miles to the chiro:  got an e-stim, ice and massage then had my adjustments.

The massage made me a bit sore near the inflamed area (but we are soooooo much better than we were on Monday!!), so I had some trouble getting into position for one of my adjustments, but Dr. Michele was awesome.  I was a bit more tense because I had never had her adjust me and it kind of freaked me out.  After we were done, I did more stretching there in the office before hopping on my bike and heading on home.

Did some icing and more stretching and as of right now, I feel grrrrrrrreat!

One thing I notice is that during the day I feel more pain in the sciatic and when I get home it eases up.  I do believe its my heels.  Once I am barefoot or in my trainers, it feels great.  I might be wearing trainers to work next week! 

I am so excited that it seems we are nearing the end of this flareup!  I have plans to ride about 20 miles tomorrow morning (riding to meet friends for an easy 10 over near Memorial Park)

If all goes as planned I should be able to try running by Monday!  Woo to the hoo!!!  Maybe I won't have to walk the run portions of TriGirl next weekend!!
 

No comments: