Monday, May 21, 2012

Executive Decisions

So here it is Monday morning and all is right with the world.

I barrrely could feel any ouchiness this morning, which made me want to just bust out into break dancing (not really), but it did make me oh so happy.

Yesterday, after what I call a successful Saturday, I was thinking about the upcoming week, my healing body and what I want to do vs what I should do.

  • I could start back to CrossFit this week (with scaling)
  • I could start back to running (with walking) this week
  • I could start back to Kenyan Way this coming Saturday
Why yes, I could do all of these things.

But yesterday I decided I am not going to.  I am going to put off CrossFit for another week.  And I will not go back to Kenyan Way until June 2nd.

And I am not going to even attempt run/(walking) until Wednesday.

I want to be certain that I am ready, and while patience (when it comes to running) is not a virtue, I know in my heart and my body that its the right thing to do.

So we'll continue today and tomorrow as we have been:  weights and cardio at the gym...blargh!  But again its the right thing.


I am so thankful that I have the sense to have not tried to train (run) through the injury, and I am even more thankful that I didn't quit being active and gain a bunch of weight and lose any real fitness.  


Sure I probably couldn't go out and run 10 miles right now, but I could definitely still do 5.  :O)


I altered my eating/calorie intake to match as closely as I could to my activity ability instead of just saying oh whatever, it is what it is, and then eat like I was still running.  Or worse, begin putting crap in my body...


Right now I feel like I could take on the world!  


My goal is to slowly build my mileage back up to those 10 miles I wanted to continue as my long run each week through the Summer, its just that I kinda have to ease back into it building back up before .... yes, marathon training ...  August...


Having said that, I am going to take full advantage of my guaranteed entry into the Houston Marathon!


So yep...Houston 2013 here I come....

3 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

So glad you're feeling better! I think it's wise to be patient and give yourself just a little more time off.

Anonymous said...

Thought you were done with marathons? Regardless, more power to you!

Junie B said...

When you cant run AT ALL, you have a lot of time to think about what really makes you happy.

And training for marathons makes me happy.

Who knows, I might still drop to the half, and/or defer to 2014. You never know.