Friday, November 18, 2011

Product Review - Gatorade G Series Carb Energy Chews


Last weekend on my 21 miler I mentioned that I had grabbed a gel from my stash that was just downright nasty and I couldn't even ingest it (ClifShot Double Espresso for the record), therefore I was down some calories for the long run.  

Thankfully when I got back to base for Kenyan Way, there were boxes of packages of Gatorade G Series Carb Energy Chews - Orange (yum! I love all things orange!)  Each package contains 4 chews.  I don't like chews normally because they aren't that easy to carry on a run (unless you use a SpiBelt or something), and I find it difficult to actually chew them while running and they always seem to stick in my teeth.

Since I was at base, I opened a package and ate one.  Yum!  They are a thinner consistency and were easy to chew.  I ate 2 of them before taking off again.  Then ate the last 2 when I was about 2 miles from home.  I thought they gave me just enough oomph, which was what I needed at the time!  The packaging for transport is unfortunate, but you could take them out and put in a snack sized baggie for easier handling while on the run! I'm actually going to do that for tomorrows run.

I really liked them a lot and was glad that I had stuffed 2 other packages into the tiny pockets on my shorts :)

One Package:  4 chews
Calories: 120
Carbs: 31
Sugars: 21

Yeah I don't like the high sugar, but it is what it is and lets face it when you are out there on a long run, you need the boost.  I certainly wouldnt take these, just like I dont eat gels on runs shorter than 10 miles, but thats just me.  If a person needs it, a person needs it, no matter the distance.  I am a firm believer though that a person can go 10 miles with minimum intake of calories if you eat something beforehand.  Even if its just a banana.  Or lets say, a PopTart.  :O)

When I went into Luke's on Sunday for a shift, I figured out where the boxes at KW had come from.  Luke's had oodles of them and had dropped some off for the Saturday runners.  I grabbed a ton of the packets and would like to offer 5 packages of them off as a giveaway!

So to have the 5 packets sent to the one and only YOU! the following applies:
  1. Be a follower (leave one comment as to that)
  2. Tweet it (separate comment) linking this post
  3. Facebook it (separate comment) linking this post
  4. Leave a comment as to your go to nutrition on long runs (separate comment)
That's 4 entries each person can have to have a chance at winning!  I will draw the lucky winner by random draw on Monday, November 28th.  I use random.org to generate the number.

Good luck!

13 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

I received some samples at the grocery store about a month ago, but have yet to try them...glad to hear they are yummy! I've been more of a Bee Stinger Chews girl, but you're right, they are a PITA to carry!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Well Shucks, I follow!!!!!!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

I'm a chocolate GU girl!!! Although I tried the honey stinger chews and liked them a lot!

kderoll said...

I used to be a Mocha Chif Shot junkie, but I'm avoidng caffeine and up my fuel intake (basically consume way more than I could ever need). I've started taking Starburst, Skittles, sweet tarts, whatever I can find.

Anonymous said...

...Where can you buy Gatorade Card Energy Chews ??

Air Purifier said...

Thanks for sharing, our one of my Air Purifier business. It helps to control the indoor air quality by reducing pollutants. I hope you like it.

AC Service Phoenix said...

When you need AC Service Phoenix, we provide it and we do our best to fix and repair your air conditioner, rather than trying to sell you a new air conditioner, like many air conditioning contractors.

meggypoo10151 said...

Where can I buy them at?????

Barbara said...

I need something like these to help with the hunger in betweens.

Vicki said...

Prefer a healthier Energy Chew with less sugar, less calories, less carbs and less sodium - plus MORE nutrients.

Plus you take only one for every 2 Gatorade chews you would take.

http://zerbee.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sku=20158

Anonymous said...

They are really good tasting!!!

andrea chiu said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us.
Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Nathalie Uy said...

Good vibes. Everyday, all day.
imarksweb.net. God Bless :)