Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What I've Been Up To These Past Few Days

Sunday:  unscheduled rest day.  Because I had to work a shift at LL, my morning was spent grocery shopping, farmers market and cooking what I could before having to get ready for work.  I had planned to take a 15 mile ride after work since we close at 5, but when I got off work, it was 90deg outside and I said hell to the no.  :O)  And I didn't feel like going to the gym.  I needed to finish all my food prep anyway, so it worked out in my favor.

Monday:  My CF box website showed all running drills for the WOD, so I said eff that and just decided to run on my own (treadmill) (5.5 miles) and then created my own mini-WOD:  1000m row followed by 3 rounds of lat pull downs (55lb) and sit ups/pole ups (20).  Then I moved on to the tricep dips (30lbs) and back rows (25lbs/single arm) x 3 rounds.
Which brings us to ...   

Wednesday:
When I saw this on the website this morning (its the first thing I check when I wake up), my first thought was 'ummmm...hell no'...  :O)

I knew it was going to be a workout that would almost bring tears to my eyes...

Partner Warm up (while 1 person is doing the actual exercise the other one is doing the hold for the time it takes the other one to complete and then you switch:

40 Pushups

Plank Hold

30 Squats
Squat Hold
20 Ring Dips
Lockout Hold
10 HSPU(both Brit and I scaled the HS pushups using a box)
Handstand Hold (up against the wall)

Not going to lie, the warm up alone had us all thinking WTFFFFF after we were done.  Jeez.

WOD:
Four 4 minute AMRAPs
Rest 1 minute btw AMRAPs

3 Hang Power Cleans (95/65#)
6 Toes to Bar
3 Muscle/Power Snatches (95/65#)
6 Box Jumps (30/24")

I actually raised my weights up on my bar to 45lbs today! and was able to hang in there throughout.  By the time we got to the 4th round, the power snatches were a bit tougher to get up and me under, but I held on. 
R1: 44  R2: 42  R3: 48  R4: 46  (pretty proud of those numbers!)


I couldn't do a full toe to bar, so I had to scale to knees to elbow instead.  Still VERY hard as you are hanging on for dear life trying to swing back and forth for momentum.  Ugh.

Core: 90sec x 3 rounds of deadbugs
This was the killer of all killer core sessions.  If you do these right, your abs will be screaming bloody murder.

This was by far one of the toughest start to finish WOD's I've experienced so far.  A couple girls then were going to go run a mile and I was like: eff a bunch of that!  :)  I came home, took my aminos, drank my protein shake and had a bit of dinner, which was just a small plate of misc (boiled egg, 3oz grilled chicken, sliced olives and 1/2 an avocado) since I had no clue what exactly I wanted.


Good.  Night.

No comments: