Saturday, March 24, 2012

Make Mine A Double - Kenyan Way with a CrossFit Back

A bit cooler this morning, but the fog was so, so, so dense!  And when I left the house my phone read 98% humidity, and I felt every bit of it.  It actually felt like it was misting, but it wasn't.  By the end of the run my hair was completely soaked as if I had just gotten out of the shower.  No lie.

It was nice to come back to base when some of the faster guys were back and see a lot of shirtless boy wonders.  Not as nice to look as the guys at CF, but nice nonetheless.  :O)

The route was a familiar one, 10 miles and always with the usual options to add on, but when I had gotten the email on the route, I knew that it was going to be a 'morning of decision' as to if I would do the whole route or 8 miles of it.  The deciding factor would be what the WOD would be on our CrossFit box web page.  If it was one I was interested in doing, then I wanted to make sure I had time to run, come home for a bit and make the 9am session.

It indeed was one I wanted to do, plus I always love seeing my peeps at CF!  I swear they make it so fun even in the worst moments.

So 8 miles it was, and I did so much better this week than last.  Eating dinner the night before clearly helps :)  Average pace: 10:22 and a negative split.  Happy.

Came home afterwards, took my aminos and shook up my protein drink, chugged it and headed on over to CrossFit.  I had decided I wasn't going to do the warm up since my run was my warmup as far as I was concerned.  Glad I did too, because the warmup is what they call "Old School Blacktop" and its a freaking killer.  No.  Thank.  You.  I did that the first night of CrossFit On Ramp and I thought 'shit.  I'm going to die the first night and its the warmup'. 

WOD:
4 Rounds

90sec Max Clean and Jerk (135/95) (I used 35lbs, but its obvious its time to move up to 45lbs)
Suicide Sprint (front, left shuffle, right shuffle, backwards)
90sec Max Wall Balls (30/20#) (I only saw one girl use the 20lb ball; the rest of us used the 14lb ball)
90sec Max Double Unders (I still haven't mastered double unders, but today was the first day I was able to do my singles without the little extra hop I was putting in there, so double unders are within reach!
120sec Rest  

Repeat the above 3 more times.
Count total reps completed for your score (I have NO IDEA what my score was because I lost count somewhere in the middle of the first round and it wasn't important enough to me to inhibit the workout to try and keep count)

Core stabilization:  30 floor wipers (max weight)


Afterwards came home and showered AGAIN, then headed out for a hair appointment.  Cut it ALL off.  
Short, short, short, short!  Love it!

No comments: