Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's a Cruel...Cruel Summer

Summer here always sucks, but I have a feeling its going to be WAY worse...Thankfully I don't have to worry about excruciating long runs in this crap.

After further looking at the WOD for Monday, I decided it wasn't something that would be beneficial, nor did it interest me in the least.  Besides my right shoulder has been really sore for some reason and handstand holds would not be the best idea to try and ease that...

Therefore I made a day of decision to switch up my plans and opted to do Kenyan Way hills work out instead.

I headed off to the gym, did some time on the treadmill, then 35 min on upper body kind of CF mix of things before heading over to base.

It was 80 degrees and hot and humid as hell.  Been a while.

All I have to say about today, both at the gym and at Kenyan Way, is that it sucked.  Not sure if the time change had anything to do with it, but it just sucked.  Legs felt like tree trunks and I couldn't muster up much energy whatsoever.

Ended up talking to Coach for quite an extended period of time afterwards, and I always walk away feeling really good from those conversations.

Tonight is definitely CrossFit, and it looks to be like a soul taker of a work out indeed...

No comments: