Friday, March 5, 2010

Thursday - unscheduled rest day...see previous post.  Just exhausted.  When I got home I immediately plopped on the sofa and took about a 45 min nap...I tell ya this being a woman crap is old after so many years :o)...I then got up and felt better so I started my overnight oats for this morning and stir fried some fresh veggies (snaps, broccoli and carrots), tossed in the remaining chick peas from earlier this week, and some shredded cabbage.  Once it was steaming really well, I cracked in a couple of eggs right on top!

I had a sweet potato in the microwave, and once it was done, I put half on my plate and loaded on some veggies.  The remaining potato and leftover veggies into a container for my lunch today...

It was sooooooo yummy...sorry no pictures...I just wasnt in the mood for 'flashing' last night  :o)...then I got the urge to snack later so I popped a 100 calorie mini bag of popcorn and inhaled it...

I think I ate too much of something yesterday (or its just residual bloatynacious), because this morning I woke up having a 'fat day'...I know, I know...not supposed to fat talk because its horrible for my self esteem, but I cant help it...And I know I am not supposed to get on the scale except for Mondays and God help me I dont know why I did this morning feeling the way I did, but yeah, I wanted to throw it through the window. 

Stupid scale. 

btw:  I know its OK, and I know I am maybe sometimes too hard on myself, but blame my mother first and foremost for my body image issues, among other culprits that have sunk my self esteem into the deep dark pits of hell.

Question:  How often do you get on the scale and do you more often than not want to throw it out the window like I did this morning?

Friday:  scheduled rest day.  Lots of water today...Must banish the bloat!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Im having a day like that too. Not sure what it was, but I feel very bloaty and gross. Very annoying and unfortable.

I only weigh once a week on Mondays, been doing that for over 3 years.

Mel said...

uncomfortable. sheesh, I can't spell

dixie :o) said...

definitely only weigh ONCE a week...too many variables can fluctuate weight one way or the other (our self-worth IS NOT our weight, when it is that means it's time to start looking on the 'inside' :o)
Course living in our society makes that VERY easily said and not done :\

saroy said...

Since October, I actually weigh myself every day -- first thing in the morning, so it's a consistent time from day to day. It fluctuates by as much as 2-4 pounds, and I know that, so I don't let it bother me on a day-to-day basis. I track the overall trend. If it's moving down, I'm happy. If the trend stalls, or starts moving up, I know I need to watch things.