Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I just had my calendar out...my Runners World one that I looooooooooove and keep on my wall at work...

So I marked 10-10-10 as Marathon Day right?  For Chicago.

Then I counted back 3 weeks for 'last long run/begin taper' date.  September 17, 2010.  Fabulous.  Because you know its like 80 at 6am here in September.  No worries, I've been here before.  For NYC in 2008.  But in September of that year, at about that time, I was only doing about 17 miles, not 22.  :o)

Then from that date, I counted back 18 weeks.  Yep.  May 22nd.  D-Day.  Or M-Day. 

Official marathon training for Chicago 2010 begins on May 22nd.  In Texas.  Oy vei. 

Hotel (W Chicago Center) and flights are booked.  As much dread as there is to train again in this God awful Texas heat and humidity, I have a bit of excitement building....man I love marathon training...of course I am sitting inside a climate controlled building wearing strappy high heels, so of course, right now, I love marathon training...

***************************************************

In other news, and to steal a word from Skinny Runner, my thutt hurts.  Both of them.

You know the place where your thigh and butt meet?  Thats a thutt.  And man am I sore in the thutt areas this morning.  Ouchie.  I need to be streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetched out big time.  Maybe my trainer will help with that this afternoon...He should enjoy it.  Me?  Not so much.

4 comments:

NY Wolve said...

I grew up in Texas, and I wonder how on earth I ever ran anywhere given the heat. I guess it is all relative now (I mean I kind of freaked out when I ran on the hottest day of our year a couple of weeks ago, when it was 75), but still, I just can't imagine.

On the other hand, it is payback for our winter. I don't do severe cold, and the treadmill is my friend.

Mel said...

I curse the heat starting....well starting today because the heat index today is 90-something....which I know is mild.

I hate training in it, but man, if it weren't for the long hot summer of training last year, I would have never finished the last SA.

If Chicago happens to get a heat wave like 2007 and 2008, you'll be even MORE prepared!

JunieB said...

Mel, I would never do a marathon if the temps were going to be considered "dangerous", and only 2007 was (when they shut the race down). I wouldnt have even started. Just not going to do it. And we take that chance every year in January for the Houston marathon..at least in Houston, you have the option of switching to the Half at the last minute :o)

So lets hope that Chicago in 2010 is like 2009, or maybe just a WEE bit warmer, like maybe at least 32deg at the start :o)

dixie :o) said...

when you start CHI training i'll be leaving for the Keys.... for a much needed break ;O)