Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ride the Bike Trainer Naked!

My creativity with blog post titles suck right now...hence the weird one, because I think it will produce some silly google search results on my statcounter :)  Do you think I rode the trainer naked?  Partially?  ;)

Today was to be a KW speed day (not a tough one though) and then my coaching duties at PIM.  I sincerely thought I was going to be able to do it.

But all day today, every time I got up from my desk to walk whereever, I just felt like my legs were just dead tree trunks.  On top of that, my body just physically feels beat down from all the goings on this week...So I made an executive decision to take it easy today.  A true recovery day indeed.

Bike Trainer:  1 hour.  While watching Biggest Loser DVR'd from last night.  And no I didnt FF through the commercials; I used those to recover from riding harder during the show.
LOTS of ab work during the commercials during the 2nd hour.  

*************************************************

Update on Mom

Its all good news!  The MRI, the EEG, the other 'swallow test'...all good.  Well wait...I dont have the EEG results yet (this will show any long term damage inside)...but anyway, the rest is all good.  They are monitoring her heart still, but just as a precaution, and they have yet to determine the reason for the stroke to begin with, but I am certain they will soon enough, and I suspect it has something to do with that artery I spoke of in the earlier post.  She will still never be able to drink plain water, soda water, juice or anything like that unless its thickened somehow.  But she is able to eat, starting slowly of course, and as of the typing of this she has had pudding.  :)  Sister said she didnt really feel like eating (even though thats all shes talked about), mainly because she was just worn out from all the tests they put her through today since early early in the morning.  Understandable.  I am hoping that for dinner she eats something substantial!

I dont remember if I posted this in the last post or not, but she is able to lift both arms and both legs, with the left side being affected but its not paralyzed from the stroke.  Also her speech will remain slurred, but if she talks slow, you can completely understand her.  Its when she tries to say too much too fast that it gets hard to understand...

Thanks for all your prayers!  They're working!!!

We dont know when she'll even be close to leaving the hospital but we are moving in the right direction!  Yay!

p.s.  I hope to download photos later for various meals this week...again though, NOT the Chex Mix :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness for the good news about your mama! :D yay!

also, i love your idea of increasing your workout intensity during commercials. awesome!