Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Q and A Time

Question:  Please explain overnight oats? Are you talking about steel cut oats, soaking them overnight? Or something else?

Instead of going into some diatribe about overnight oats in my own words, here is all the information you need on them!  But no, I dont use steel cut oats, I use just regular rolled oats from the bin at WFM.

Here you go!  Overnight Oats

My standard is:  3/4 cup oats, 3/4 vanilla light soy (Silk), 1 tbsp greek yogurt (plain; 0% fat); cinnamon, 1 Truvia packet; mix altogether.  Cover overnight in fridge.  In the morning I add either 1/2 sliced banana, 1/2 chopped apple, or a handful of blueberries, top with a sprinkling of trail mix and thats it!

Question:  Is that a flat bottom skillet or more like a wok?

It kind of a toss between both.  I would lean towards it being more like a flat bottom skillet.  However I toss a lot of Asian inspired goodies in it!  It just works for everything.  Purchased at Target.

Question:  You obviously just got out of a bad relationship.  Do you think you will ever be friends?  If no, why not?

No.  No explanation.

Question: What do you make the taco with? And Beans? Just black beans?

1 whole egg and 2 egg whites will give you 2 tacos (small tortilla).  I use the no fat refried beans, or yes whatever leftover beans I have, usually black.  I have gone from using cheese to spreading hummus on the tortilla instead.

Question:  I'm tired of buying the cheapest, sorryest EVOO on the shelf. I want some with some flavor. What brand do you use?

I just started using a new one, DelAllo!  looooooooooooove it!  Its about $8 and you can get it at most stores I believe.  And its a really pretty bottle :)

Question: Would you consider  yourself OCD?

Absolutely; probably to a fault as it pertains to some things.  Specifically my diet (recent) and workouts (always) obviously;  other ways I am is about ritual in some things that I do on a daily basis (outside of running), and also 'that everything has a place and everything should be in that place' :o)  ...

4 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Thanks for answering questions! I really wanted to ask how to do the overnight oats but was afraid you'd already posted that somewhere and didn't want to bother you with posting it again or telling me which post had the info = )

Right now, you are REALLY inspiring me! I know what a pain it is to keep a food journal, even just writing it down, so thanks for posting your's here.

Funny how I just KNOW when I click on the link in my favorites that when I get here, I'm going to get a fresh blast of motivation, encouragement and great eating ideas! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

JunieB said...

Pony: you make my heart smile! you can ask questions any time you want! and of course you can always do a Search for keywords on the blog as well. although I dont think i ever posted exactly WHAT or HOW to do overnight oats! :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks, JB. So, on the overnight oats. I'm wondering how steel cut oats would do under the same process. I absolutely looooove steel cut oats over rolled. I like the little crunch I get with every bite, not to mention having the WHOLE oat, husk and all.

JB said...

Vic: i dont know about the steel cut, but you can try it...i dont like steel cut. blech :o)