Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patricks Day and Lent

This morning I posted on my FB that its day 28 of Lent, and that on Easter, some animal was gonna meet its maker...cause I really want some meat dangit!  Even if its just a slice of bacon!

Then my friend GW said that on St. Patricks day, it is tradition in Ireland that on this day, whatever you gave up for Lent you can recapture for just this day...so that they could feast on bacon and cabbage!  How funny that I had wanted bacon and its tradition in Ireland?? 

Anyway I thought she was pulling my little leprechan's leg so I went to google and sure enough!  Its true!!!  Why didnt I know this this morning when I ordered just a plain egg taco???  I could have had a slice of bacon it it!!!!

Go ahead, google if you must:  Lent and Irish tradition on St. Patricks Day

So if you choose to do so, live it up today!  You've gone this long without whatever...but you have a hall pass on this particular Wednesday I do believe...or maybe its just if you gave up meat!  Now will I actually eat meat now that breakfast is over?  Highly doubtful.

6 comments:

phaester said...

it is so true! if I'd known you gave up meat for lent, I would clued you in before hand... you know this is the only day of the year that I get to revel in having a Gaelic name and being me! lol...

and as a nod to our old crazy days: Tabhair dom an rud céanna mar atá ag an fhear ar an t-úrlar! which means, "give me the same as the man on the floor!" :))

phaester said...

oh and that comment above was from Phaeron! (only using full name for the day! - lol...)

Junie B said...

Phae!!! hey there!

well just had my lunch...and no meat...i just ate what i brought to work...heck i have made it this far might as well keep going...

phaester said...

I need to enlist you to be MY trainer! I need help... nothing quite like starting over again...*sigh* but I am determined! :))

Junie B said...

well you could train to run chicago ;). Myself and 2 of my friends, Emma and Megan, are also doing it!!!

phaester said...

I have a LONG way to go before I could ever even contemplate a marathon... wow - what a dream to have tho. I've only just started working out again after my "enforced" 4 year layoff, so maybe I could try for next year! :)

I'm so super proud of you tho!