Wednesday, March 10, 2010

KW Speed and PIM

I could barely get out of bed this morning and get ready for work, let alone remember everything I needed for speed and PIM...therefore of course...I forgot the most important thing...no not my shoes...but my Garmina...and nutrition for between workouts...I stopped at Valero for a G2 and some trail mix...

Sigh.

Therefore I had to alter my speed workout today and ended up doing 'poles'; run 3 lightpoles (about 100m each pole, then recover for 1).  I started around 4:45 and it was around 80 deg out...sigh...we just never get Spring here...I did 3 miles of poles, then stopped for fluid and spoke with Coach for a bit...headed out for 2 more miles of poles and then ran slowly back to where PIM starts.  So I got in 5.5 miles before we started with our groups, which we did 4 x R4/W1.  So I figured with walk over to Start and afterwards, I ended up with about 8 miles for the day :)  ... I will take it...

Coach told me to only run 3 miles tomorrow and same for Friday, take Saturday off...all in anticipation for the RnR on Sunday...I am skipping weights tomorrow with the trainer as after yesterdays workout, its obvious to me that I need to lay off of them leading up to a race.   Even though I dont work the legs with weights, all the lifting still affects my overall strength...I struggled at first today, could have been some of the increase in temps, but I just felt very dead legs till about 2 miles in, then I picked it up and everything seemed fine.

With getting home at almost 8, its another smoothie night...yogurt, splash of Silk, protein powder, 1/2 banana, dash of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon, 1/2 avocado and 1 Truvia packet...the reduction of Silk and the addition of the 1/2 avocado makes it REALLY thick...but OH SO YUMMMY!!!

Yay I only have to run 3 miles tomorrow!!!  :o)

2 comments:

NY Wolve said...

Oh I have forgotten Garmy. Or he is dead when I pull him out. Does a tree make a sound in a forest if no one hears? Did you actually workout if you don't have the Garmin to record it?

Junie B said...

LOL!

Coachs last words before I left base: Hey dont forget your watch before you head to Dallas...with a silly grin on his face.

Smart ass.