Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dean Karnazes - 50 Marathons, 50 States, 50 Days

If you haven't seen this documentary on DVD, you must. 

I watched it last night (I had it from NetFlix) and omg it was FANtastic!  Heres a note:  If you do get it, either from NetFlix or buy it off of Amazon (which I did this morning) or something, at the beginning it gives you 2 choices on how to watch:  normal and then something else that I cant remember, but anyway the 2nd is that after each marathon segment, it pauses and shows you all the stats for that marathon.

I am still shaking my head that after the finished #50 at the NYC marathon, the very next morning he got up and started running home.  To California.  Now I cant wait to hopefully be a part of his next adventure which will be for awareness of the environment (instead of childhood obesity as in the 50/50/50) and the runs will all be done on trail.

And incidentially, when he started the NYC marathon, and they show the running part over the Verranzano Bridge, I still get chills thinking...I DID that...when you are running up it, and over it, you just can't fathom what you are actually doing till you see shots of it live...its just so awesome to 'relive' some of it watching it on several DVD's that I have about running.   Lottery applications ended yesterday...We'll know soon whether I got in again this year...

No comments: