Friday, February 10, 2012

Push Ups (Weighted Medicine Ball) and Box Jumps

Here are examples of 2 of the 'exercises' K had me doing in our session earlier this week.

In this first one, the weighted ball/pushups that he had me doing are the first ones in the video (where you roll the ball back and forth; weight of ball = 20lbs).  After that you can stop the video if you want.
Note:  This shit is NOT easy





Box jumps.  My worst nightmare.  I am using an 18"-20" box and jumping from a full squat position.
Its very intimidating.  I go from panic to fear to badass-ery within seconds of each other.
You worry you are going to miss the box with either one or both legs and plant your face into the pavement or shear off your shins in the process.

Note:  the deeper the squat the harder it is to make up on top.

This chick is using a park bench, and going WAY faster than I can right now, but it gives you an idea.




Here is an example on how to do a box jump using a low level box (or in this case, steps)


And then variations and obviously with higher " boxes



K pushed me through some 'crossfit' like moves yesterday in anticipation of my 2 weeks with CF starting next Monday!

Needless to say, I'm a bit more sore than I normally am.

No comments: