I haven't done a 'meme' in quite some time, and when Xaarlin tagged me, I thought I will save that for when I don't want to overload on blog with fitness/running stuff; or when I don't have a lot of time (which is me right now) :O) Although coming up with random facts about myself is getting harder to do! I hope I am not repeating any of these..of course we all change over time right?
So here you go!
The rules of this post:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Tag those people.
Eleven random things about me:
- I do not believe in one person for one person forever. We really aren't wired that way in my opinion.
- I don't have a lot of patience. Most people think I do, but its totally fake and forced.
- While I do not have a sweet tooth persay, and chocolate is not my thing, if there are baked goods anywhere around, my knees go weak and my willpower does too. I am 50/50 on win/lose ratio.
- There are 2 things I eat every single day, at some point in my day: 1) eggs 2) spinach (in various forms)
- I am a news junkie. I can have news on all the time and I'm good with that. I don't even care if I hear the same thing on 3 different channels, its always a different reporter, so they tell the story differently and therefore its not repetitive to me.
- My fastest 5K was 25:50 in November 2009 (Turkey Trot). Only it turned out to not be a 5K as a lot of people complained (damn local elites and OCD people!), and they ended up calling it a 3 mile race officially. But to be honest it was short. It wouldnt have been if the road guards/volunteers hadn't had us turn one street too early! Ugh. So really I probably would have ended up with about a 26:30. Ohz wellz. I hope to smash my PR at the 5K this Spring (God willing and the (sh)IT band gets better so I can speed train. I cannot even remember the last time I ran a 5K to be completely honest. Marathoning has consumed me apparently.
- When I indulge in a food 'treat', I take a reeeeeeeally long time to eat it, sometimes upwards of an hour. Only taking a bite here and there, and as it gets to be less and less of it, I will slow waaaaaaay down. I want it to last as loooooooong as possible. A perfect example would be that just this morning I had my weekly breakfast taco and it took me almost 45 min to eat it.
- I have only ever really been in true true all consuming love once in my life. His name: John I still regret to this day ever thinking that my life would be better without him in it. My sister thinks that its the reason I haven't been able to have a relationship or fall in love with anyone since him because I've never gotten over the loss and my mistake. Its been 10 years. I don't know that I will ever find anyone that (and this is cliche) completed me like he did. This kind of negates #1 I guess... :O) Its going to take someone very special indeed to fill those shoes...and so far I haven't met one man that could.
- Its been almost 2 weeks since the Houston Marathon and my declaration of no more marathons. So far I still have no (ZERO) desire whatsoever to ever run more than 13.1 miles at any given time.
- I once had the State police show up to my house looking for my (ex) fiance. He was a wanted man. Who knew? Well I knew afterwards (like after I told him to get the fuck out!) what he was doing, but I had no idea he was actually wanted. I gave them the information of his whereabouts.
- I am still having trouble walking, sitting, bending...everything today. This is why I never wanted to work out my legs/glutes during marathon training. Clearly my legs might be good for running, but thats about it. I doubt very seriously that I will be able to actually run until tomorrow. And thats questionable. And yes, that's how bad off I am after the workout with Kyle on Tuesday.
1. Favorite Color: Purple
2. What's your favorite season? I love them all, but I guess Spring? or maybe Fall?...here in Texas we don't really have 'seasons'. While I do like Summer, just not so much when running in it :O)
3. Do you have any pre-race superstitions? Superstitions? No. Rituals, yes.
4. Favorite food: Food is my favorite food. :O) There is no way I could pick a favorite food.
5. If you could run a race anywhere, what would it be? What or where? Where would be Costa Rica. What I don't understand..it would be a race, preferably not a full marathon. In Costa Rica. :O)
6. Would you be doing a different career now, if you knew back then what you know now? Absolutely. I know I missed my true calling.
7. How many states have you traveled to? 30 would be a good guess. Possibly more. I would have to look at the list of States. I use to travel for work, so I was very lucky in that respect. I have seen some amazing places.
8. What's one thing that scares you? Deep water.
9. Where is your favorite place to workout? Outside.
10. Would you want to live forever? Yes, if I was healthy, able to financially support myself and physically independent as well.
11. What's the best piece of advice you have received? Another difficult one indeed. I have several pearls of 'wisdom' that I would say are the best. All from my Daddy.
OK, so here are my questions, and I tag everyone who reads this who hasn't done it yet! (I'm looking at you Jamoosh, MKeller, ChristyG, Racing it Off for certain):
Favorite time of the day?
What is your favorite meal to make?
Glass 1/2 full or glass 1/2 empty?
Last picture taken on your phone?
If money was no issue how many races would you try to do in a year? 8 or 9. I'm greedy.
Car, Truck, Van, or SUV?
Do you take part in any water sports ?
If you're walking down the street and find a $100.00 bill what do you do with it?
Favorite non sports related thing to do?
Have Pets? What kind?
Last movie you went to a theater to see?