Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Ugly Truth

Let's start with the good stuff first...


Ran in these last night and looooooooooooooooove them!  Granted its one run, but I think I might have found a new shoe!  We'll give it a week to be sure. 

Now for the ugly...

I am in a funkety funkety funk funk.  Its bad this time around.  I am not going to go all into it, the why's or anything like that, because really it isnt good reading; let's face it Charlie Sheen has me beat on cracking the crazy code...and you are all too busy waiting to see the next installment of his crazy anyway.  :O)

My head is all messed up, I find (most) people annoying and disappointing.  Then on top of all of that, I get a text message from one of my best, oldest and dearest friends last night asking for prayers...his wife of just a few months has left him and wants a divorce.  He is devastated beyond belief. 
He is seriously the kindest, gentlest, most perfect man specimen I have ever had the privilege of calling my friend.  Lets just say it made me think some pretty awful things about love in general.  My heart is further breaking because of this.

I am just at a loss as to why on earth I cannot for the life of me realize that in general, people just don't treat people the way they want to be treated in return.  And I am sick to death of it.  This statement pertains to just more than my friends devastation right now.

My giving heart and desire to be the person that makes things all right is just in dire distress.
I have nothing left.

Tonight, I yoga.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my biggest beliefs!! I battle my husband on this in our own home. I'm having a day too. I'll keep your friend in my prayers.

Junie B said...

Personally I am all out of air. No one, and I mean NO ONE EVER...EVER...gives me what I need when I need it (and that ain't that often to be quite honest with you). Even when its fucking obvious.

Anonymous said...

I love the feel of a new shoe that is great!

I'm sorry you are in a funk :-( I hope that you get to a better place where you want to be.

I laughed out loud when you wrote "I find (most) people annoying and disappointing". It's like you stole my thoughts, hehe!

Junie B said...

I will get there Melissa; just going to take some really deep cleansing on my part.

I really am so tired of it all, in some cases, its so over I need a new word for over. :O)

Some things just werent meant to last against all odds.