Thursday, April 28, 2011

You Could Set Your Watch by It...


EVERY SINGLE YEAR...when the weather turns warmer (meaning HOT) and I spend the first few days at the pool/lake etc. somewhere on my lip I am going to end up with a big fat PAINFUL canker sore.  I gotta tell ya, Its painful as hell.  Its a bit better today, but not by much.  At least this year its across the entire bottom lip (I know right?) and not TOO noticeable...About to go get some high powered full strength aspirin as that seems to be the only thing that makes the pain a bit less...

******************************************

Last night I ran my mileage on the treadmill at the gym, throwing in a round of Tabata (20sec on/10sec off) for 8 repeats (4 minutes).  The 'on' was done at 7:27pmp.  I threw it in somewhere after about 35 minutes of running.  Sure made running easier after that.  50 minutes flat on the t'mill.  Then I bounded off and did a lot of weights, with more HIIT thrown in. 

Demon Child
I was one tired girl by the time I got out of there! 

****************************************

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier but I re-enlisted :o) with Kenyan Way for marathon training...starts May 7th and runs through end of January...so this morning I plugged in all the data and it spit out my workouts and long runs ... Thankfully (I say sarcastically), none of my long runs go above 15 miles until some time in July...you know, like when, you want to kill someone because its so hot?  Can't wait...


8 comments:

Tricia said...

I'll be training through the summer too, yeesh I'm going to fry :)

Karen Seal said...

Ewww 15 miles in July in this weather?! Yuck! Sorry about your lip! Hope it heals up soon!! :0)

Junie B said...

hmpft. thats nothin'. my 18-22 milers will come in August and Sept. gah!

suzy said...

I had one a few weeks ago after my first sunburn of the summer. A friend recommended the amino acid supplement Lysine. It was a miracle worker...help stunt growth and speed up healing. Just FYI. :)

GodlessNurse said...

Oh God. It's time to start training.

Pony and Petey said...

Ok, I can't stop thinking about that girl's lips so I need to ask some questions...hopefully you have answers!!

Who is she?
Are those her real lips? either born with or manufactured? Like is this photo-shopped to be funny?
If they're real/surgical, has she said if it was a mistake or she intended them to look like this?

Thanks for helping to satisfy my curiousity!!

And keep up the GREAT work = ))

Junie B said...

Pony, you make me laugh. Its photoshopped.

Pony and Petey said...

Well...that's a relief!! Remember the pic of the girl with the large bottom? That turned out to be real so I wasn't sure about the lips!!

Thanks = )