Thursday, June 26, 2014

Life IS a Box of Chocolates

Delicious, oooey, gooey, and wonderful in all ways.
 
I have been disheartened a bit lately and I will try and explain why; not sure that I can in the most delicate way (not my personality really to be 'delicate'), but I will try.
 
Here's the thing.  I don't know why ... I use to think it was just Facebook, and that some people I knew were using it as an outlet for whatever was pissing them off that day.  And it appeared that some people were just always in a foul mood.  At least 80% of the time.
 
I mean complaining about EVERYTHING.  And when not complaining, just overall grumpy mcgrumperson about something whether or not it was too much to do, not enough time to do it in, can't take a nap, feel like crap, eat too much, eat too little and on and on and on and on.
 
But then, on a few occasions (and only a few because honestly I have to limit my time with certain folks because I cannot endure the attitude because its toxic to me and just overall makes me unhappy), I have noticed that even outside of Facebook, they genuinely and outwardly project negativity.
 
I RARELY see a different side to them.
 
Now I have tried to be fair and think back to my own life at certain times, to see if I was ever 'that person' and honestly I can't say I was.  Sure I was miserable a few times in my life, most recently in Nebraska but I was still happy.  I was still successful at reeling in any negative feelings and not stressing myself out over any small things in general.
 
And even years and/or decades ago, I ENJOYED life.
 
Things make us sad for sure.  But again, I tend to grieve in such a way that I don't give cause to have any sad thing define me. 
 
I have realized over the past decade, even more so the past 2 years, that EVERY day is a gift.  To get so unrealisticly upset over something so random such as traffic, stupid drivers, stupid whatever is just beyond ridiculous.
 
I don't know if it is because I am older, or just all around a happy well rounded (and now balanced) person that I see the silver lining in everything, even the annoying things, or just because I am wired that way.  I have an extremely happy family as well.  Maybe its that.  I don't know.
 
Really the only thing that brings me super down is being in the company of negativity.  On Facebook, blogs etc. its easy enough to ignore.  More often than not, I just shake my head, and say a little prayer for that person.
 
I wish it weren't this way, because its a few of my closer friends, and I am not sure what to do or say.  And honestly I've learned the hard way a time or two that you just don't say anything anymore.
 
Now that I've written this, it actually just makes me sad for them. 
 
I would literally hate to wake up every day and know that for about 80% of it I was probably going to be miserable about something.

I think every day we make a gazillion choices a day, and choosing how we handle any particular situation is ultimately EACH PERSONS DECISION, and when we make bad choices, or choices that make us ultimately unhappy, then thats on us.  No one else.
 
OK thats it for now..just talking (or blogging) about it makes me yukky.
 
Onward!  Upward!  Yay for Thursday!  Yay for everything!

No comments: