Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall Happens!

Ah Fall is officially here!  And we actually had 'fall like' temps here in the Bayou city.  Fabulous!
 
Monday
 
For the first Monday in weeks, I actually didn't feel like death warmed over by my cheat meal choice the day before!  I have learned my lesson.  While yes, within 30 min of having said cheat meal this week (Whataburger), I became OVERWHELMED with the need to sleep.  Ugh.  I had gone at half time, so lets just say by the late 3rd quarter I was snoozing away on the couch.  Didn't matter, game was icky anyway.  Womp womp.  Texans lost. 
 
When I woke up I felt groggy from the nap, but not bad.
I don't know maybe I should just give up trying to have bad food for my cheat and go for a reward of food from some place I don't frequent often or splurge on the $ amount of said quality of food...
 
Today though, all good.

As I mentioned in last post, this week is going to be a bit different than the last 7 or so...

Workout
2 miles treadmill
1 mile elliptical
20min stair mill
50 weighted lunges
50 jumping squats
100 air squats
5x20 over/over the box (12inches)

I am going to include my eats each day for this week ONLY...I mentioned in last post that I was going to be TRYING to cut this week. (Also known as a shred).  Yes, you will see carbs in a piece of fruit here or there, and red potatoes, but I cant go all the way.  Not right now.  Mentally I am just not ready for it.  And also this is NOT how I normally eat.

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, banana
Lunch: 4oz ground turkey, 3oz red potatoes, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1.5 cups roasted brussel sprouts
Snack: 3oz ground turkey, protein drink (low carb, low sugar, high protein) Birthday Cake flavor (the best but hard to find)


Dinner: Salad: mixed greens, tomato, 1/4 of an avocado, brussel sprouts, boiled egg, 1/4 cup low fat cheese, lemon and Mrs Dash as 'dressing'
Dessert: 1 serving of vanilla wafer cookies
 
 Tuesday
Rest day

Not gonna lie I am STARVING.  I just want a biscuit!  LOL.  Today is going to be a huge challenge for me.  As I am typing this all I can think about is food.

Breakfast: boiled egg, 3oz ground turkey
Snack: Black beans, 1/2c grits  (WAY more carbs than I should be having, but I'm having a difficult time focusing right now so I figured I had to feed).  Thankfully I had some carbs stashed in my desk drawer.
Lunch: boiled egg, 3oz ground turkey, roasted brussel sprouts, 3oz boiled red potatos, mixed greens, nuts and 1/4c of avocado (actually didnt eat it all because I was full!!!)
Snack: Leftover lunch plus handful of grapes
Dinner: 6oz fish, cup of mixed vegetables
Dessert: I caved.  Ice cream.  Womp womp :O)  But now there isn't any left so the temptation will not be there rest of week.

Wednesday

Workout
3 miles treadmill
15min stair mill

Shoulders and chest
(reminder:  less movements, less weight)  I basically did a few moves (focus on 3 parts of the shoulder), 2 sets each to failure.  Fast and furious too, not slow and steady this week.  This week is all about toning and not growing.

15min steam

Food
I was TOTALLY going to indulge in a donut today as they usually bring donuts on Wednesday...but alas, not the case today.  See thats the mindset; I indulged last night a little, so might as well keep going.  I'm glad no one brought them.

Kinda.  :O)

Breakfast:  2 boiled eggs, grits
Lunch: Salad bar incl mixed greens, garbanzo, green bell pepper, seeds.  I then went to the ala carte for today and had her put some of the yummy fajita meat on top.  Salsa as dressing.  I brought my lunch but I didn't really want that today.  I actually brought TWO options and wanted neither.  *shrugs*
Snack:  Greek yogurt
Dinner: 6oz ground turkey, egg whites, 1 slice Ezekial w 1/4 avocado instead of butter
Dessert: Serving of vanilla wafers

Thursday

Workout
My legs actually were sore yesterday but I still did my workout as planned.  Today they are sore again obviously so I am taking the day off from using them other than getting from one place to the other.  I have 13 miles Saturday morning and if 1 day wasnt enough to settle any soreness yesterday then I need another day of rest on these gams of mine.  The cumulative result of training is finally catching up with me.  Once I get through this Saturday, I am going to take a full 2 days off!

Rower: 2500m (I have never done 2500m before at once but since I need cardio big time this week, the rower is it).  Goal = 18min Actual = 16:46  And good GOD was I a hot mess after that.

 2 rounds of the Back, biceps and triceps circuit (there is an area in the gym that is specifically for these muscle groups.  Its ALWAYS crowded but one of my favorite to do)  8 movements per round.  Actually ended up doing more than what I had originally planned.  Hmpft.


Breakfast: boiled egg, string cheese, biscuit (oops!)
Snack: 3oz ground turkey, 1/2 c mixed veggies
Lunch: Salad bar incl mixed greens, seeds, dried cranberries, EVOO, couple of pita chips.  I OVERLOADED on the greens today, so as I am typing this my belly is SO FULL!
Snack: 3oz ground turkey, 1/2 c mixed veggies
Dinner: Steamed some fresh green beans, 3oz of boiled red potato, 1/4c sour cream

I actually ate way more today than I should have.  But my stomach was just on constant hunger mode.  And I saw it as my fuel day for Saturdays long run.  I dont typically like to eat heavy the day before plus I have to turn in SUPER early to be up to start running at 4am.  Oy vie.

Friday
Rest

Saturday

And because I am SUPER busy at work, and afterwards too, its short and sweet for a while.  More or less just a way for me to keep track of my workouts on a very basic level.  I've stopped logging them in my book which I NEED to get back to doing.  At some point.  This blog will help me fill in the holes.

Group run: started at 4 to run with a girl who had 20 to do.  3 others picked up around 5:30 and ran with her as I dropped off at:  15 miles

Sunday
No workout
Planned day with sister
 


No comments: