Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekly Workout Roundup

Monday
 
I know I wrote that I was going to take 2 full days off, but after the day at work, I really wanted to do more than just go home and do nothing.  I needed to put my mind and my body to work on me instead of [insert whatever].  My intent was to just go super easy; more for the zone out than anything else.  What actually happened was anything but easy.  Eh, it happens.

1mi (stepper)
Shoulders and chest (heavy heavy heavy)
50 weighted walking lunges (35lbs)
More Shoulders
Kettlebell workout using 20, 25 and 30 (goblet squats, full range swings, russian swings)
Wall Balls (3x10)
Plank pushups (using a stability ball) 3x10
10min steam
 
Tuesday
Cardio day!!!

35min TM run
2500m row (15:18!!!)
15min stairmill
10min steam
 
Wednesday
Rest day/Active Recovery
Walked one hour on the TM watching Survivor :O)
 
Thursday
40min run
Back, Biceps and Triceps
Walking Lunges (weighted)
15m steam
 
Friday
Rest
 
Saturday

Morning
Track.  Last track workout before my half marathon!!! 
12x800

Well thats not entirely true...I slept in a bit and didnt get to running until 6:30ish.  And because of that, about half way into my workout the people started coming;  apparently there was going to be a small person football tourney or something and eventually the track at midfield was soon overrun by eager parents who clearly are just rude and didnt think it was important for them to leave space for the runners (there were about 10 of us out there).  I made it 8x800 before I just couldnt deal with not only the parents not moving but small people trying to play 'chicken' with me on the track.  It wouldnt look good if I ran over one of them because I didnt want to back down.  Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

So basically I just started running down CRB, went one mile out and turned around and headed back.  I was not a happy camper.

Evening
Gym time
.50 warmup on the elliptical
Legs (added weight on the sumos; also put in squat thrusters-SO HARD) and abs (SO sore as I am writing this on Monday morning)
15min steam

Loved getting in a double today!!!

 
Sunday
Unscheduled and UNWELCOMED rest day

As I was enjoying my Sunday morning coffee, watching the news, I all of a sudden had what I have to compare to a charley-horse in my back (just under the shoulder blade and to the left of spine).  It all of a sudden tensed up like a spasm and lasted for what felt like an eternity.  I tried to stretch it out but the damage was done.  I spent the rest of the day in pain whenever I moved a certain way etc.  Ibuprofen seemed to help and my nephew even gave me a light muscle relaxer when I was out there for the game, but really that just made me sleepy (I had a hard time driving home because I was just so drowsy; even slept for an hour once I did get home)

So since when I woke up after that hour my back was still hurting, I bailed on any workout.  Clearly anything besides doing legs again was going to aggravate any more so I just called it.

I am feeling MUCH better this Monday morning though so not sure what I am going to attempt this afternoon.  I might just run and no weights for another day just to be on the safe side.


The Cowboy side of the family.  Ugh. :)  But isn't my little Tucker butt the cutest 8month old ever? ever? ever?  Love these two!  Even if nephew is brainwashing my great nephew into a life of Cowboy love.

There aren't enough words in the English language for me to communicate the amount of love in my heart for this little guy!!!

No comments: