Monday, July 9, 2012

T Minus 9 Days...

Monday:  4 mile run before work
CrossFit: "Cindy" after work

We just did Cindy back early June in which I didn't keep track of my score since I was just coming back from injury, and also didn't do kipping pull ups but used the rings instead.

This time I was back to actual kipping pull ups and I kept track of my rounds:

20 min AMRAP of:
5 x kipping pull ups
10 x push ups
15 x air squats

Total Rounds: 11 full rounds  (55 pull ups, 110 HR pushups and 155 air squats)

Previous scored Cindy was 13 full rounds plus 4 kipping pull ups back in March when I had just begun CrossFit for realz.  :O)

A few times I could only muster 4 pull ups and would jump down and do the final pull up on the rings.  And to make it worse, we were made to use wooden dowels for full extension above and behind our head with each squat to insure proper form since so many people either get sloppy or just plain don't do them right.  Ugh.  But it does help with form thats for sure!

What really did me in was the warm up was 50 burpees!!! and because there were 3 people that showed up late we had to do penalty burpees; 5 for the 1st person, 6 for the 2nd and 7 for the 3rd.  Thankfully no one else showed up late.

After the burpee's we took 15 minutes to figure out our bench press max (for 3 reps), then halved that and did 25 reps.

I didn't remember to bring my gloves and I also didn't realize how wrecked my hands were until I got home and in the shower.  My hands burned so bad it felt like my skin was melting off. 


While my rounds were less than they were back in March, I feel great about the outcome since the warm up about killed my arms!  I honestly didn't know how I was going to be able to pull off that many pull ups and pushups!


On to Tuesday!!!

No comments: