Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First 2 a Day In a Long Time!

4 mile run in the AM before work.
Miserably hot, humid, oppressive, smothering run.

I was going to do a Pub Run/Crawl in the evening, but when I saw what the UC had on tap for a WOD (or a double WOD at that1), I wanted to go to CrossFit instead!  I had never done 'Annie' before and I love the jump rope even if I have to stick to singles so as not to re-injure my back or piriformis.


'Annie'
50 40 30 20 10 (descending ladder)

double unders
sit ups

Since I don't do double unders, I had to 3x each number so (150, 120, 90, 60, 30)
Sit ups were Rx'd at the 50, 40, 30, 20, 10

For time:  11:37
Coach gave us only 15 min or you took a DNF.  Motivation.

then the 2nd WOD

12 reps
15 reps
21 reps
15 reps
12 reps

of rotating between the following 3 moves:

Box jumps (20" for the girls) No box jumps for me either due to back, so I had to scale to step ups

Hand stand pushups

Dead Lifts (I racked 75lbs and went with that)

For time: 12:39

Felt great to get back to 2 a days!  But daaaaaaaaaaaaamn I was SPENT when the WOD's were over...soaking dripping beyond covered in sweat.

Felt like my old self today!!!

No comments: