Sunday, June 3, 2012

SOME of What I Did Over my Vacation

Friday, May 25:  5 mile walk 
Saturday, May 26:  5 mile run with MD!  Woo to the hoo hoo!  :)  (3/1)
Saturday, May 26:  1 hour weights (back, bi's and tri's) 
Sunday, May 27: 20 mile bike ride with NC
Monday, May 28: 3 mile run
Monday, May 28:  CrossFit (Memorial Day 'Murph', but I did only a 1/2 'Murph' and definitely had to do the rings for my pull ups instead of kipping due to not wanting to put any undue stress or movement on my back and piriformis.  Time: 27:17.  DEFINITELY not a PR, but I just focused on form and finishing) Additionally since the rest of the CrossFit bunch was doing a full Murph, I ran another 400m to bring in NS on her last mile to end the WOD.

Tuesday, May 29: Rest

Wednesday, May 30:  5 mile run (5/1)
Wednesday, May 30:  1.5 hours weights 

Thursday, May 31: 3 mile run
Thursday, May 31: CrossFit

Warm Up:
10 min Jump Rope  (was soooo excited to finally be able to use my new RXJumpRope that I purchased right when I got injured...its hot pink cable with purple handles obviously...  :)
Hero Week WOD:
5 Rounds for time of:
12 Deadlifts (155/105#)
9 Hang Power Cleans 
6 Push Jerks 

I had to use piddly 35lb weight so my time was very good coming in at 10:10.  I hate having to do such light weight right now, but it is what it is.  I started to go to 45lbs but one of the coaches just shook his head at me.  :)

Patience.  Patience.  Patience.
I just have to remember the bigger picture and be patient..... 
Friday, June 1:  Rest
Saturday, June 2:  6.91 mile run (3/1)
I didn't want to get up to run with KW this morning, even though I had the alarm set, I woke up before it went off and just turned it off, deciding to run on my own whenever I decided to get up.  I was on the road around 6:30am.  I wanted to do 6 miles but it actually ended up being 6.91 which is fine.  I did 3/1 because after CF on Thursday I felt it yesterday in my back, so I wanted to go easy.  I forgot the Heights Run was today so when I got to Heights Blvd and saw the barricades I was happy that I could see some of it.  Saw the beginning, then headed towards 20th and when I got close to the Start/Finish the leaders weren't far away so I waited to see Coach win first overall easily and a few others that I had seen in the race that I knew.  Will head back to KW next weekend...
Sunday, June 3: 
26 mile bike with NC


Taking the next couple of days off as my back started hurting again last night.  Nothing that a few ibuprofen doesn't fix, but I need to get it back to where it was before Thursday.

No comments: