Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Paleo - Sweet Potato Pancakes

This recipe is from Paleo Betty

I did not make the cinnamon apple topping but its super easy to do.  I have actually done something similar and used with tilipia.  The only reason I didn't was because I was making these to keep so that I had them to eat for meals for a couple of days.  (you just reheat in the microwave and you are good to go!)

 First start with sweet potato(s) microwaved (or in the oven, but the microwave is much faster obviously.

The only mistake I made I think is that I used 1.5 sweet potatoes and I should have only used one.  I had to add liquid to make it 'thinner'.  And if you have a large enough food processor, use it.  It will also make it more 'liquidy' and easier to pour.  Mine is smaller so unable to use it for this much product.  I might try my blender next time....


Other ingredients

LARGE baked sweet potato.  Scoop it all out and follow the recipe to pulse with the food processor

Wet ingredients with sweet potato


Now after adding the dry ingredients
This is where if you have the large enough food processor you don't have to muscle it and again, it just doesnt get liquidy enough, unless it was that extra 1/2 potato I used.  Next time I am using only one to see if it does make a difference.

Again since mine wouldn't 'pour' I had to scoop it into the skillet.  This was before I added liquid (water)
You watch these just like normal pancakes and wait for the bubbles around the rim of the pancake before flipping.  The first couple were a disaster, but still tasted yummy!  :)  Then once I got it to a bit more of what it should be like, it went much better.
Since I didn't make the topping, I use honey drizzled over with some nut butter, but if you aren't Paleo you could use regular syrup and I think some sprinkled powder sugar would be yummy on it too!!!

I'm certain the next time I make them, they will be much prettier :)

Enjoy!  I sure did!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you for posting this.

- NewToPaleo