Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recently, on numerous occasions, a conversation which came out of nowhere really, kind of got me in a tizzy.  And the only thing in common with all of them, well was the one thing...oversharing...

Who do I really want to know stuff about me?  You think some people are harmless, but guess what?  Apparently they aren't.  I know there are people that read this blog for example that I wish they didn't.  People I don't like.

At. All. 

I might be one of those people and pretend to with some of them, and some know already that I don't so I could care less.  Yes, I could put on the privacy again like I did with the last blog, but I don't want to 'have' to do that.  At least with Facebook, I can pick and choose who sees what.

However...still...with the Facebook thing...and this is where it gets tricky...at least one person I know of isn't really my friend...not that I ever really THOUGHT that at its core...and while I might have suspected that what they might see that lets say...someone else can't?... Yeah their a fucking blabber mouth...and blabber mouth is such an idiotic word to use, because honestly there isnt anything TO blabber...its just nonsense talky talk that is unnecessary.   But then there are those...more than just a few, that I think only friended me for some other stupid sick reason...all of which I want to unfriend...I really do.  For now I just hide them, ignore their incessant comments on my wall or to my updates...get a life...quit trying to be something/someone you arent.  You freaks.

So hmmm...do I just quit 'oversharing' or do I block/unfriend those that I suspect do this, and/or just because they are friends with other people that I don't like?  I don't know...

I have unfriended some people from Facebook, and yet I see them hitting (reading) my blog and it infuriates me.  I don't know why, but it does. 

Right now I am just won't be posting any status updates on Facebook, speaking only when spoken to on there basically, with some mild commenting to those people I actually DO like.  I hide a lot of people already because of the constant barrage of political/religion crap that I get tired of seeing from them...

As far as blogger goes...undersharing can be a snore-fest, but for now...maybe its the best answer.  I am just sick to death honestly of way too many people knowing my business...and yes I know that's my fault, but less is more for now methinks. 

You faithful readers who I do love and adore?  You'll get the running stuff, weight stuff, workout stuff, but never in advance, and maybe a bit late now and then...and at least for now, with minimal effort (words) from me. 

My Twitter peeps...you're solid.  :O)

4 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

I just edited my FB "friend" list for some of the reasons you stated. I was wondering why you've been a bit quiet on FB lately too. :-)

Junie B said...

:O)...

you know what REALLY bugs me...is the people that track me in races, that I dont even send information to, because well, they know my last name (from FB) and they know the race..or they take THAT information and then go and find race pictures...I KNOW people that do that and i am SORRY, but its weird and stalkerish. regardless if you are a man OR a woman doing it.

if i dont send you the information then that means i dont really want you doing it for my own personal reasons (or in some cases because i figure most could care less). no offense to most, but for some, its because i dont like you enough ... so dont do it!

Neeraj Rohilla said...

Okay,
I will stop reading your blog and check your status on FB :)

Junie B said...

Neeraj: you dork :O)