Friday, October 15, 2010

No Rest for the Weary!

Finally got back on the horse yesterday.

35 min easy run (treadmill)
1 hour of heavy weights w/ abs

Legs felt good.  I was a bit apprehensive at first, I usually am the first day back running after a marathon.  But it felt good and man it was awesome to run again...no run today, but going to do 5 or so tomorrow morning.  Coach said to run easy (3-6 miles per day) for these 2 weeks, with my next real long run not until October 30th (12-15 miles).  I will be racing the half marathon relay next weekend.  Then we'll start ramping up again in preparation for Houston.  Basically doing a 20 miler in November sometime, another one in December and then 22 three weeks before Houston Marathon.  Everything in between will just be anywhere from 12-18 milers.  I figure I could just do 12-15 three weekends of the month(s), with that 20 miler and that would be sufficient.

It sure is nice to already be trained and knowing that I dont have to anticipate the brutality of the ramp up. 

I've been there done that already :O)

No comments: