Monday, October 4, 2010

It Is October after all...


When the alarm woke me up this morning at 4:45am (which is scary anyway :o)), I immediately just felt uneasy.  I don't know if I had had a bad dream in the night, or what, but I almost just scraped the run.  I laid there for a few minutes and knew that I should run this morning (cooler temps again; closer to what we might have in Chicago) as I wanted to see if running in my usual 'warmer' weather attire was going to be bearable at the beginning (it was)...so I just re-routed my 5 mile run and cut it to 4.  This route was completely lit except maybe for 100m on the way back and I just felt a bit more at ease when I decided that. 

I don't know how to explain it, I just felt an uneasyness in my stomach about my usual route, which part of it is extremely dark and desolate, not many cars at all ... can be kinda scary sometimes when the shadows hit just right and all of a sudden instead of seeing one of you, there appears to be 2.  I dont know how that happens but it does and I always quickly look over my shoulder...

So I went out, did the 4 miles at GMP, and felt better once I got back inside the safety of my warm house.

I have definitely decided that the minimalist running attire is what will be used on Sunday, unless the weather forecast changes drastically, which I dont expect it to.  I have a throw away KW jacket to wear at the start, which I am sure will last maybe a mile into the marathon.  I of course will bring alternate as well, because heck with Mother Nature it could change on Friday or Saturday!  Wearing what I wore this morning and have all summer was perfect this morning and it was 58 and a slight breeze...a bit chilly if you're standing around, but running?  Yeah.  Still warm.  :O)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Good for you for listening to your intuition! I'm glad you were safe and got your gear all figured out!

Anonymous said...

I get the same feeling sometimes. Always go with the gut feeling!

I'm excited for you. Got the runner tracking all figured out and ready! Go Junie Go!

And I admire you for sporting minimalist attire. One day I will be there :-)